177 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stylus1274 says

Hi,

I’ve noticed a few people mentioning a JS that keeps people from viewing your HTML source.

Can anyone tell me where I can find this? Is there any free scripts maybe on Dynamic Drive?

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

478 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

google this and you’re sure to find some good ones

html obfuscation

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Keep in mind though that some buyers want to see how you’ve coded the template. I personally won’t buy a template for my own use without checking out the code. So it might make you loose a few buyers.

Also, you want to protect your site against people who want to steal it. Most of the people who want to steal it will do it with or without obfuscation. Using a tool like Firebug you can see all the code like normal anyway.

Anyway, just a few things to keep in mind. :-)

177 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
stylus1274 says

xmdsys,

Thanks for the tips. I’m not concerned with selling files here. They are for my other files I sell on another site.

But if you say it doesn’t matter if someone has Firebug or some other tool they can still take it it just defeats the purpose.

Is there no way around this stuff?

Thanks

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Unfortunately there isn’t really a fool proof way to protect your files. Using obfuscation will help deter some people so I suppose it worth trying but other than that options are very limited and overly complex.

by
by
by
by
by
by