37 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CodeManiac says

Hello there,

I remember like one year ago I found a website which shared HTML layouts filled with tables so you can easily code your photoshop template into html. I tried to google but didn’t found anything maybe I didn’t called them correctly, do you have any idea? Thanks indeed.

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

tables are dead in web layouts and i believe that a website with tables will not get accepted.

37 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
CodeManiac says

I didn’t intended to sell it on themeforest but for personal use, do you know any other easy method of coding or there aren’t any? I subscribed to tuts+ and passed to coding tutorials but seems that I can’t get familiar with them.

1036 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

I’m sure that you can find blank templates on the web, not sure if they will contain tables. Dreamweaver has templates ready to be filled with your content too.

1148 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

Maybe you’re thinking about something like http://www.sliceimage.com. There are a few plugins for Photoshop that let you use certain patterns in naming your layers, and they convert those into sliced HTML .

37 posts
CodeManiac says

Thanks fillersame, can you recommend me some plugins? I’ll try the software at first.

1148 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

Thanks fillersame, can you recommend me some plugins? I’ll try the software at first.

I’ve never used them myself…I figured they’d be good for beginners, but I’m very particular about how I want my designs sliced, and I doubt software could get it right. In particular, there is no way it could get a drop shadow properly coded into cross-browser CSS3 shadows, or gradients into CSS3 gradients.

456 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says

I didn’t intended to sell it on themeforest but for personal use, do you know any other easy method of coding or there aren’t any? I subscribed to tuts+ and passed to coding tutorials but seems that I can’t get familiar with them.

I think you should have a look at nettuts, there are lots of free tutorials on creating layouts without using tables. You will waste a lot of time and get frustrated with tables. It will be quicker and smarter to start learning the css. It really isnt that hard if you put in the time and thats only a couple of hours o get a good layout. Graphics not included obviously.

http://net.tutsplus.com/category/tutorials/html-css-techniques/ http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

37 posts
CodeManiac says

I think you should have a look at nettuts, there are lots of free tutorials on creating layouts without using tables. You will waste a lot of time and get frustrated with tables. It will be quicker and smarter to start learning the css. It really isnt that hard if you put in the time and thats only a couple of hours o get a good layout. Graphics not included obviously.

http://net.tutsplus.com/category/tutorials/html-css-techniques/ http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Thanks a lot for help, I’ll start learning today

70 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
lastrose says

What I would recommend is looking at using 960grid there are some great tutorials on net.tutsplus.com on how to use it.

As to the argument that tables are dead, I would argue that they still are useful for emails and in some other mediums, however for a site (personal or otherwise) tables are a big no.

truly it’s always better to learn how to do something properly than to just take a shortcut because it’s easier, or takes less time.

by
by
by
by
by
by