Here’s a link to the live preview:
My reviewer, xmdsys, told me:
With the appropriate improvements in typography and overall template graphics, the template will be much more likely to meet our approval criteria. In regards to where you should begin, that is up to you to determine. I recommend taking some time to analyze some of our popular HTML Templates to get a better idea of what we’re looking for in terms of graphics, typography, etc. When reviewing the popular items be sure to analyze the attention to detail in all aspects such as graphics, images, typography, layout, etc. The layout in this template is okay but padding/spacing adjustments will be needed or some form of layout adjustment as a whole. The font face used is suitable but keep in mind that you want to limit your designs to a maximum of 3 fonts, preferably 2 for templates such as this.
His advice was helpful, but I don’t know where to start. Where should padding be changed, which fonts should be changed around etc.
Thanks for your help
Let’s start :
1) The logo is fine.
2) Add some padding in the search box, the text is positioned at the top left of the box, it’s not good ; be sure to align the text at the middle (line-height) and put some space at the left (Maybe text-indent or padding-left).
3) Too much space between items in the main navigation. It’s too much usual, try playing a lil bit with this part.
4) The title in the sub header “Aquamarine HTML Template” need improvement. Need to be much much bigger and maybe bold! Also the text under the title should be smaller than the rest of the text in the website. The buy it now button should be more attractive and add a roll-hover state. Try positioning this whole part at the middle of the sub-header.
5) In the main content, again, play with the typography of the title sections; maybe use an another font and put them bigger.
6) In the “Services” sections, add some space between icons and text.
7) In the footer, i think there is too much stuff ; also smaller font should be better in this part. I also don’t like to use ”|” as a delimiter in the navigation, try — or something else. Add some style to links “(Follow us on Twitter)” and “(Read more on our blog)”.
Overall, the layout is good, just need more love into it! Play with the font and focus on the details.
There is other modifications, but you should start with my recommendations first. Then you’ll be able to put more LOVE in the other sections of the website.
Check out my template for inspiration and see all the details, they are very important -> http://themeforest.net/item/design-agency-template/53968
There is other modifications, but you should start with my recommendations first. Then you’ll be able to put more LOVE in the other sections of the website. Check out my template for inspiration and see all the details, they are very important -> http://themeforest.net/item/design-agency-template/53968 Good luck!
Thank you so much for the help, its awesome advice. And as for your theme – brilliant! And its doing really well too
navigation drops down in IE7 when you go to different pages
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Exclusive Author