I submitted my 2nd theme and it got a soft rejection. Here is what I was told to do.
“This is a corporate / portfolio template with food photos. If you want to make it to the food category, please try to provide specific design elements, page templates and features for that category, with purpose. Make sure HTML is validated.”What I did was, 1. Created a seat reserve page. http://html.crunchpress.com/fine-food/seat-reserve.html
2. Changed portfolio to gallery.
3. Added upcoming special offers to home page.
4. Added get directions in footer.
5. Added service timings in footer.6. Added a recipe page. http://html.crunchpress.com/fine-food/recepie-detail-page.html
I resubmitted and got this reply.
“You are making surface changes. This is a resubmission of a previously rejected submission. Resubmitting without making the required changes or any improvements is not considered acceptable use of the Envato marketplaces and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship.”
Any ideas, what changes I should make or what new pages should be added to theme?
Still looking for expert opinion.
Why is no one interested in replying?
Im not 100% sure, but I think what they mean is that though your template is nice, but it doesnt sit in the category you are submitting to. Meaning it has a more office/corporate feel to it rather then a restaurant feel. When they say you are making surface changes they probably mean you are only adding elements that could make it look like the theme can be used for a restaurant but again is meant for corporate/office website. ... I hope you get what im trying to say
Aesthetically speaking, im not sure about some elements. Maybe you should use softer colors that are ‘inviting or delicious’ (more restaurant feel) rather then a serious pallete.
On the plus side table reservations and recipe page is a good idea.
Just my 2cents, hope it helps , good luck
Thank you IamHassanAli for your help and nice feedback. After making changes, I took a brave step. Deleted soft rejected item permanently and submitted it to ‘site-templates/entertainment/restaurants-cafes’ category.
Initially it was in retail category, I think I chose the wrong category first. The item is now accepted and live.
Hard lesson learned, be very careful when selecting categories
congratz .. but IMHO , you preview images with this devices looks like ur site to be responsive .. you could fool some and be upset
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
Well i think what they mean is that your template is not there yet to be accepted on TF. I can see a few things that they might not like.
-The background pattern is terrible how it repeats.
- The font does not look good.
- The menu and the sub menu needs a lot of work.
- Try to use different colors, maybe a nice gray scale color scheme.
- Try to work on your contrast as well so the page is not so light.