308 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

Hi guys! I have an HTML version of my photography template on TF and it has good sales, you may take a look http://themeforest.net/item/jr-photography-html-site/829703 Many people asked me to create a wordpress version of this template, it is a standard practice on TF, I worked on the wp version almost a month, and yesterday I submitted it, and it was rejected, the reason “I understand that you have this design approved in Site Templates, unfortunately this doesn’t guarantee an approval in WordPress” Frankly speaking I do not understand it… The WP Theme has the same design, same functionality, I created my own admin panel where people can manage theme settings, added shortcodes option… While surfing HTML types I always saw the wp versions of the created HTML templates, and it looks like it is a standard practice first to create HTML version and then WP one. Any one had such issues before and what should I do in this case? Thanks.

390 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

Have a design approved in one category (Site Templates) does not guarantee it will be accepted in another category (WordPress) because the two categories can have different standards and requirements.

1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says
mad_dog said
Any one had such issues before and what should I do in this case?

Just ask the reviewer to give you more details on what is needed, if he could. We don’t know anything about the WP theme and there isn’t much we can do on the forums. I’d trust the reviewer judgement and improve the theme – there is probably something missing, not of premium quality, or breaking best practices. :)

I can’t really tell you if you can reply to the rejection email asking for details, or you need to submit an additional support ticket to get in touch with the reviewer. But I highly doubt that “I understand that you have this design approved in Site Templates, unfortunately this doesn’t guarantee an approval in WordPress” was the only message you received – probably there is some reason mentioned. Actually the reviewer is not required to say anything at all, besides Yes or No. :)

308 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says
cmt said
mad_dog said
Any one had such issues before and what should I do in this case?

Just ask the reviewer to give you more details on what is needed, if he could. We don’t know anything about the WP theme and there isn’t much we can do on the forums. I’d trust the reviewer judgement and improve the theme – there is probably something missing, not of premium quality, or breaking best practices. :)

I can’t really tell you if you can reply to the rejection email asking for details, or you need to submit an additional support ticket to get in touch with the reviewer. But I highly doubt that “I understand that you have this design approved in Site Templates, unfortunately this doesn’t guarantee an approval in WordPress” was the only message you received – probably there is some reason mentioned. Actually the reviewer is not required to say anything at all, besides Yes or No. :)

It was a standard response, not even a word about what I should improve or change :(

2231 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says
“The fact that your HTML got accepted, does not mean your WP version will.”
– Somebody

There is so much more you need to take into consideration when developing a WP theme. Your code must be CMS -solid, you need to offer a functional, user-friendly panel with options for the user(s) to customize. It needs to follow WP standards, as well as be compatible with the latest WP releases. PHP is not HTML /CSS/JS.

Anyhow, those might be one of the few reasons your WP version didn’t cut it.

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I can’t think of any reason why it was rejected except some issues with “back-end” of theme. It’s really nice template, however there are so many fullscreen photo themes right now, that maybe they’re looking for something else.

by
by
by
by
by
by