I’m wondering from everyone’s experience which template platforms seem to do better… Do CMS templates for Wordpress or Joomla tend to appeal to buyers more than just HTML templates? I realize it probably varies from template type (ie. portfolio, ecommerce, etc), but I wasn’t sure if this was something that could be generalized.
I ask because I’m more interested in creating HTML templates, but really don’t know how they sell compared to other platforms on the marketplace.
If the design is good HTML will definitely sell though WP is probably the most popular of all
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
Yeah same here, I like to do html templates. I think it’s more fun editing the code and building stuff from scratch then using a pre-made framework.