313 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Hi guys, I’m organizing a little conference for my gym class and want to do something random by adding iPad’s -

Now I want to have a site on it – that has some videos – history – and notes and product images

First I was thinking to do an app, now I’m thinking will be cheaper just to do a HTML5 optimized for ipad – my only problem is that, where I will be – there will be no internet access

Is there a way for this to all run smoothly with no bugs if there is no internet by using a “website” ... or should I be safer and get an app made?

Thanks

3748 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Don’t think you can make it for iPads, but on any Android device you can run local storaged sites. Is something i never understood on iThings, the impossibility of having a local file management. Is something vital for me, but seems that iPad/iPhone users doesn’t care about.

313 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Damn that sucks – There must be a way, otherwise have to make an app, but making an app is way more expensive and time consuming

HTML5 Website would be so much easier

Anyone else?

304 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
BittLoader says

There are some apps who let you save a website when you have a wifi connection then to “offline browse” it when you have time (or no internet connection) :)

3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Yes it can work offline youll need to create a manifest/app cache file, do it all the time

3220 posts
    Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Don’t think you can make it for iPads, but on any Android device you can run local storaged sites. Is something i never understood on iThings, the impossibility of having a local file management. Is something vital for me, but seems that iPad/iPhone users doesn’t care about.

The very first iPhones that didnt run apps would allow you to run offline webapps with local storage….

313 posts
uaesthetics says

OrganicBeeMEdia – can you tell me how to do that simply? ;p – How to create a manifest/app cache file?

This could save me lots of money and time too if I can do it on my ipad! Thank you bro

3220 posts
+1 more
organicbee says

OrganicBeeMEdia – can you tell me how to do that simply? ;p – How to create a manifest/app cache file? This could save me lots of money and time too if I can do it on my ipad! Thank you bro
http://bit.ly/OBd10L
57 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Nekto says

Nettuts has a good tutorial about cache manifest: Getting Offline Access with HTML5 Application

Hope this help :)

313 posts
uaesthetics says

Do you know, even when using this method VIDEOS on a site would work too?

Thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by