289 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Hi guys, I’m organizing a little conference for my gym class and want to do something random by adding iPad’s -

Now I want to have a site on it – that has some videos – history – and notes and product images

First I was thinking to do an app, now I’m thinking will be cheaper just to do a HTML5 optimized for ipad – my only problem is that, where I will be – there will be no internet access

Is there a way for this to all run smoothly with no bugs if there is no internet by using a “website” ... or should I be safer and get an app made?

Thanks

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

Don’t think you can make it for iPads, but on any Android device you can run local storaged sites. Is something i never understood on iThings, the impossibility of having a local file management. Is something vital for me, but seems that iPad/iPhone users doesn’t care about.

289 posts
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Damn that sucks – There must be a way, otherwise have to make an app, but making an app is way more expensive and time consuming

HTML5 Website would be so much easier

Anyone else?

303 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Europe
BittLoader says

There are some apps who let you save a website when you have a wifi connection then to “offline browse” it when you have time (or no internet connection) :)

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Yes it can work offline youll need to create a manifest/app cache file, do it all the time

3117 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Don’t think you can make it for iPads, but on any Android device you can run local storaged sites. Is something i never understood on iThings, the impossibility of having a local file management. Is something vital for me, but seems that iPad/iPhone users doesn’t care about.

The very first iPhones that didnt run apps would allow you to run offline webapps with local storage….

289 posts
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

OrganicBeeMEdia – can you tell me how to do that simply? ;p – How to create a manifest/app cache file?

This could save me lots of money and time too if I can do it on my ipad! Thank you bro

3117 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

OrganicBeeMEdia – can you tell me how to do that simply? ;p – How to create a manifest/app cache file? This could save me lots of money and time too if I can do it on my ipad! Thank you bro
http://bit.ly/OBd10L
56 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Ukraine
Nekto says

Nettuts has a good tutorial about cache manifest: Getting Offline Access with HTML5 Application

Hope this help :)

289 posts
  • United Kingdom
uaesthetics says

Do you know, even when using this method VIDEOS on a site would work too?

Thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by