• Referred more than 2000 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
DragonSigh says

New header is a real mess for those who spend more time on the one marketplace. I understand that this changes are made to attract buyers, but it too crowded as it mentioned before. I prefer a little triangle site switcher near the logo (that can be made more attractive).

505 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Estonia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
kriskorn says

The new header looks like a murder scene of marketplace logos. It may bring the 8 marketplaces closer, but the usability and aesthetics are gone. You have great UX designers selling their products here and you clearly don’t have one at Envato… so I don’t know, hire one of them ?

2963 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

ive got activeden set as my homepage. im on it everyday.. so the new change should not go live .. until they fix the preview issue

1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

I think it’s obvious to everyone involved that the header is crowded. It might be better to post constructive ideas/solutions rather than stating the obvious :)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I think it’s obvious to everyone involved that the header is crowded. It might be better to post constructive ideas/solutions rather than stating the obvious :)

The obvious solution is previous one! May be with little bigger triangle button. Looks it the original intention is not exactly cross marketplace promotion but promoting the brand name “Envato”. That’s ok but doing that shouldn’t affect the individual marketplace category names.

1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

The obvious solution is previous one! May be with little bigger triangle button. Looks it the original intention is not exactly cross marketplace promotion but promoting the brand name “Envato”.

I like the previous solution as well (as a frequent and familiar user), but Justin already pointed out a valid reason for a change:

We looked at the analytics and found that while existing signed-in members frequently use the site switcher and the footer to navigate between the marketplaces, only a tiny number of new visitors use them (and they were more likely to use the footer links, which are more visible).
354 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Europe
pixeful says

Too much … as specially when I’m an author. Why should I see those logos all the time?

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I like the previous solution as well (as a frequent and familiar user), but Justin already pointed out a valid reason for a change:

We looked at the analytics and found that while existing signed-in members frequently use the site switcher and the footer to navigate between the marketplaces, only a tiny number of new visitors use them (and they were more likely to use the footer links, which are more visible).

That’s a valid reason from the (narrow) point of view of cross marketplace navigation / interests. But should we make that at the cost of ditching the priority order? I mean, when a new buyer reaches to particular marketplace, they should’t get diverted into another one due to top navigation (before checking sub categories) – if the same happens due to footer, that’s actually great (proves atleast buyer’s priority).

I see Envato always tries to solution for overall growth but fails to connect buyers to their deep needs/items.

1216 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Slovenia
Anps says

This will surely add to more confusion.

by