1264 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

Bad organization. Too much logos…

177 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
DragonSigh says

New header is a real mess for those who spend more time on the one marketplace. I understand that this changes are made to attract buyers, but it too crowded as it mentioned before. I prefer a little triangle site switcher near the logo (that can be made more attractive).

562 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
kriskorn says

The new header looks like a murder scene of marketplace logos. It may bring the 8 marketplaces closer, but the usability and aesthetics are gone. You have great UX designers selling their products here and you clearly don’t have one at Envato… so I don’t know, hire one of them ?

3013 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TNL3542 says

ive got activeden set as my homepage. im on it everyday.. so the new change should not go live .. until they fix the preview issue

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I think it’s obvious to everyone involved that the header is crowded. It might be better to post constructive ideas/solutions rather than stating the obvious :)

6086 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I think it’s obvious to everyone involved that the header is crowded. It might be better to post constructive ideas/solutions rather than stating the obvious :)

The obvious solution is previous one! May be with little bigger triangle button. Looks it the original intention is not exactly cross marketplace promotion but promoting the brand name “Envato”. That’s ok but doing that shouldn’t affect the individual marketplace category names.

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

The obvious solution is previous one! May be with little bigger triangle button. Looks it the original intention is not exactly cross marketplace promotion but promoting the brand name “Envato”.

I like the previous solution as well (as a frequent and familiar user), but Justin already pointed out a valid reason for a change:

We looked at the analytics and found that while existing signed-in members frequently use the site switcher and the footer to navigate between the marketplaces, only a tiny number of new visitors use them (and they were more likely to use the footer links, which are more visible).
547 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
pixeful says

Too much … as specially when I’m an author. Why should I see those logos all the time?

6086 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I like the previous solution as well (as a frequent and familiar user), but Justin already pointed out a valid reason for a change:

We looked at the analytics and found that while existing signed-in members frequently use the site switcher and the footer to navigate between the marketplaces, only a tiny number of new visitors use them (and they were more likely to use the footer links, which are more visible).

That’s a valid reason from the (narrow) point of view of cross marketplace navigation / interests. But should we make that at the cost of ditching the priority order? I mean, when a new buyer reaches to particular marketplace, they should’t get diverted into another one due to top navigation (before checking sub categories) – if the same happens due to footer, that’s actually great (proves atleast buyer’s priority).

I see Envato always tries to solution for overall growth but fails to connect buyers to their deep needs/items.

1587 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
Anps says

This will surely add to more confusion.

by
by
by
by