632 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

@Justinfrench

Has the algorithm changed on the search from the hub site?

It does not show only the top sellers now.

Dont get me wrong its not there yet but it does seem to be a tiny bit better.

Also love that when I type in UBL and hit search it says:

We could not find any items but we did find a user with the name UBL and gave my icon and link to my page :)

Then listed my items below :)

339 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
kevinhamil says

Thanks to everyone for the kind words on my navigation revision.

I think I am the only one who thinks the website should not be responsive.

The amount of money these guys have got, they should outsource to a company to build a mobile version of the site.

The reason I say outsource is because it wont be done if its not.

3-6 months down the line its perfect.

Keep the structure this has and have a mobile version which is forced when detected a low pixel viewport.

I see where you’re coming from, as far as actually getting it done rather than not. But it seems better to do responsive in the long run rather than a mobile specific version.

A mobile specific site would require just as much effort to maintain and operate as the desktop site, especially during times of transitioning design styles and adding features. Instead of outsourcing a mobile site, I think it would be better to hire an intern or freelancer to work on the media query css… that way the initial brunt of the work gets done, but down the road only requires updating a few hundred lines of css rather than redesigning a mobile specific site. In my head responsive is less work and a better investment of time and money in the long run.

I don’t think that mobile is a huge priority in terms of marketplace traffic, but I could be wrong. It’s just annoying for the regular users who like to check their profile, or browse the forums, regularly on their mobile/tablet device.

4647 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

Howcome you decided not to brand each marketplace top header with a unique color? It’s not exactly a huge revision, just a bunch logos at the top. I’ve seen this site redesigned many times the last 7 years, and I just feel like we could do a little more here? It’s not about getting personal, it’s about what we all want for this marketplace, and generally speaking most people have raised eyebrows to this design, it’s quite unusual… I think that’s a good word. No other site has 9 logos in the top header.. I guess it’s unique ;)

339 posts
+3 more
kevinhamil says

Howcome you decided not to brand each marketplace top header with a unique color? It’s not exactly a huge revision, just a bunch logos at the top. I’ve seen this site redesigned many times the last 7 years, and I just feel like we could do a little more here?

Hmm.. not sure I’m following everything you’re saying.

I didn’t incorporate each marketplace’s color because I’m indifferent about it. I like it without and with… either is fine and would be an easy tweak to what I did. The purpose of my revision was more so to remove the clutter at the top created by having too many navigation bars. All I did was revert the design back to how it functioned previously, but I just kept with the branding hierarchy. The “envato marketplaces” logo and your global account info being first.. followed next by the drop-down menu of consolidated marketplaces, with associated marketplace category menus and search.

Don’t worry, I don’t take things personally. But I do agree with you that we can’t turn our nose up at anything different or unique… I previously said that I do like the logos up there.. I like the instant switching between markets… It just came at the cost of cluttering it up IMO.

4647 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says

Howcome you decided not to brand each marketplace top header with a unique color? It’s not exactly a huge revision, just a bunch logos at the top. I’ve seen this site redesigned many times the last 7 years, and I just feel like we could do a little more here?

I didn’t incorporate each marketplace’s color because I’m indifferent about it. I like it without and with… either is fine and would be an easy tweak to what I did. The purpose of my revision was more so to remove the clutter at the top created by having too many navigation bars. All I did was revert the design back to how it functioned previously, but I just kept with the branding hierarchy. The “envato marketplaces” logo and your global account info being first.. followed next by the drop-down menu of consolidated marketplaces, with associated marketplace category menus and search.

The problem is, if you go to the home page.. the only thing that makes each market place look different is two buttons that are different colors, two buttons!.. and the occasional text, but that’s hardly noticeable with all the colorful items. What is completely lost is each marketplace’s branding identity… we might not notice because we so use to looking at this site.. but picture a first time user.. everything looks the same.. is that a good idea for a marketplace that has such a wide range of items? People are going to get serious confused with this design. IMO

507 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Has the algorithm changed on the search from the hub site?

The hub search simply links to a search on the correct site. Any changes in the algorithm, new features like the author suggestion, etc are all credit to the search team :)

339 posts
+3 more
kevinhamil says

The problem is, if you go to the home page.. the only thing that makes each market place look different is two buttons that are different colors, two buttons!.. and the occasional text, but that’s hardly noticeable with all the colorful items. What is completely lost is each marketplace’s branding identity… we might not notice because we so use to looking at this site.. but picture a first time user.. everything looks the same.. is that a good idea for a marketplace that has such a wide range of items? People are going to get serious confused with this design. IMO

That’s a valid point. I certainly did not consider my take on it to be the all in all, but more so just a starting point to spark other better ideas. You have me thinking again now.

4647 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says

Well the biggest request has always been home page improvement so buyers can find content easier, but Envato’s solution is merge all marketplaces into one navigation, and then loose all marketplaces branding identity so it’s all looks the same – it’s almost funny, but not really. Users are reporting a dip in sales, so I’m not actually surprised. Why not send us a screenshot, and get outside opinion before going live with things – would save a lot of resources. There’s 3 million users to give opinions, why not?

1449 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

My sales are actually higher than normal today… maybe the new header is helping :) Mobile still sucks though :P

4647 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says

My sales are actually higher than normal today… maybe the new header is helping :) Mobile still sucks though :P

Shhhhh u not helping! haha

by
by
by
by
by
by