no-thumbnail
accudatamarketing Recent Posts Threads Started
13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
accudatamarketing says

I actually like the new header, really helpful but I keep going to the dark logo area thinking it’s where the old category text use to be.

Perhaps they should have done like Google does and releases changes to a percentage of users randomly and then aggregating the data for 30 days to see whether or not the changes increased engagement and sales. That’s truly the only way to know whether or not these changes are a positive effect on the marketplace.

They could also have ran a split test / multivariate test to see whether or not the change had a positive effect as well. Also, adding heat map over the entire website would show results as well.

Overall, I like the new header, makes navigation super simple for me, just gotta get use to the links being below the logos.

535 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Yes, massive sales drop down, it might be because people are out of money due to blackfriday tho, but for me, it’s a big sales drop.

We had unrelated outages and downtime yesterday as well.

339 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
kevinhamil says

Just rethinking how to remove some of the clutter, but keep all marketplace logos. Maybe the Envato menu items could be removed from the bar and consolidated into a drop-down from the Envato Marketplaces logo. Once the user is logged in, that same drop down could include author/buyer menu items as well. But further more, items like balance could be added to the login landing page elements (more so than they are now). This would require a re-imagining of the landing page, but I do not think it would be too hard to re-place certain elements we’re used to seeing in the top bar, but maintain a strong enough presence that they feel like they’re missing.

This is just for fun to spark other ideas.

812 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Still messy after 24 hours, I was hoping the grayscale/opacity filter on other logos was implemented sooner/better

Also navigating across marketplaces you get lost sincere there are not colored bars. At least, I think potential customers could get lost by that.

243 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+5 more
glutenfree4u says

Very nice, great work!

535 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

Has anyone noticed a significant slow down of the site since this new header introduction?
to me it just load faster

It may be a fraction faster because the sprites are a bit smaller, but there have been unrelated performance issues that are more likely cause.

80 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
David_Blanco says

I’m feeling like this:

I also had a drop of sales :( I think the old design was much better and cleaner, now is just confusing :/

6072 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Well the biggest request has always been home page improvement so buyers can find content easier, but Envato’s solution is merge all marketplaces into one navigation, and then loose all marketplaces branding identity so it’s all looks the same – it’s almost funny, but not really. Users are reporting a dip in sales, so I’m not actually surprised. Why not send us a screenshot, and get outside opinion before going live with things – would save a lot of resources. There’s 3 million users to give opinions, why not?

This trick never worked for us DS! The sales drop claims are for some individual items but when the goal is to raise overall sales of (all marketplace), the changes always worked positively for Envato I guess! :D

The only worry-able issue we see is whether buyers are able to reach what they actually wanted instead of just picking top sellers etc due to struggles in navigation.

6072 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Day 3 Report: (if anyone interested :P )

Today it feels much easier with top bar. The only thing that hurts is whenever I move the cursor towards top bar, there is a constant alarm “not to click those logos” to avoid unconscious jump into another marketplace. hmm…

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Day 3? thought it was Day 2.

I hate it, no differentiation across marketplaces. Seems like I am doing twice as many clicks to get to stuff. Probs just me though. I seriously think this is a bad move. But hey ho. As long as newbies like it, who cares what we think lol

by
by
by
by
by
by