• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

^ Agreed. Content without clutter. Keep it simple.

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Please subtract 100 clicks from 3d ocean in your statistics. I keep hitting that darn thing when on my phone and trying to click the balance. Arrrg

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

It’s possible authors could see lower sales for a short while. With the new header, if customers are spending time browsing other marketplaces out of curiosity, when they come back to their favorite marketplace, they’ll be spending less time shopping than they would have originally.

But I think any lost sales in the short-term will be made up in the long run, as introducing customers to new marketplaces will certainly help increase sales over time.

What matters most isn’t always what customers spend today. It’s what they spend over the course of their lifetime.

1245 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

It’s possible authors could see lower sales for a short while. With the new header, if customers are spending time browsing other marketplaces out of curiosity, when they come back to their favorite marketplace, they’ll be spending less time shopping than they would have originally.

But I think any lost sales in the short-term will be made up in the long run, as introducing customers to new marketplaces will certainly help increase sales over time.

What matters most isn’t always what customers spend today. It’s what they spend over the course of their lifetime.

Personally I don’t agree. If I came here to purchase a theme, then that’s what I’m going to do. To me it’s confusing, and this change doesn’t bring anything good, at all (just like this change: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/changes-to-author-dashboard/77030?page=1 which was later reverted, that was yet another “experiment” rolled out globally that no one asked/cared about it).

1600 posts Building the Web.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+2 more
ZoomIt says

Psychology 101 – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice:_Why_More_Is_Less

Too many choices = no choice

I like that other marketplaces then the gigantic ThemeForest are promoted but 4 headers do not seem like the way to do it. It’s a good change for the power users here ( like authors and established buyers ) – just don’t think it’s good for first time buyers.

By the way, I had no change in sales since the header change, so everything seems normal at this time.

438 posts Don't be a HATER!
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
webinpixels says

Rejected! :D

Sales down! traffics just drop into the ground after this beautiful header is launched

Also, did you notice that you already have these awesome logos on your footer

27 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dabaman says

I don’t know about you guys, but my sales are down by 70% compared to November. :S

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Sad to see our research comes to the conclusion that…

There’s a need for everything on your list, but it’s a completely different team shape and expertise required for each.

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WebSmacker says

@dabaman – sales are down for me as well. Can someone let us know when this sitewide “TEST” is over so we can get back to business?

Horrible design, bad execution and authors are expressing lost sales. Time to pull it back and start from scratch don’t you think?

Don’t let this be a “we know better than you” discussion because the results are in – sales are dropping for us authors with non-popular files.

339 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
joshhunsaker says

Have to agree with Digital Science on this one. It would seem like a no-brainer to have offered this project up as a redesign competition to the community. After all, they are the ones making millions off their design work, no?

I’m not saying that to be spiteful, just to draw a poignant reminder of the logistics of the bulk of actual capability and core competency lying directly in the community you guys have fostered – i.e. there is a 49:1 ratio of non-staff to staff in the themeforest author top 50 rank. That would be like owning an A&R company that has 98% of their artists making the international charts upon release and then commissioning one of my internal employees to write the jingle for the next company advertisement. It’s pretty silly.

by
by
by
by
by
by