323 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
familychoice says

And last, there are some serious key features missing from all of your sites that make using it more and more cumbersome as your portfolio grows. Coupled with a messed up design, general lowering of standards of what gets accepted, complete lack of consequence for authors that take items off the site the moment support questions start to overwhelm them despite assuring buyers of said support pre sales; somewhat biased top/elite author schemes that most long term Envato buyers simply learned to not pay any attention to, and it all starts to look like not such a great place to shop anymore.

I’d rather pay more for quality service straight to an author, then go through a marketplace that repeatedly chooses to ignore these bits of user feedback that require investing some money back into the business.

+100000

738 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

.. but what I don’t understand is:

why the layout is not changed by a bit since the first implementation despite of ours suggestions and complaints?

105 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
loreleyyy says

Ever since the change, each time I visit the marketplaces, I just expect to see an improved header or something other than this terrible, terrible design. Don’t mean to sound harsh, but this is one of the worst changes I’ve seen in terms of UX.

323 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
familychoice says

.. but what I don’t understand is: why the layout is not changed by a bit since the first implementation despite of ours suggestions and complaints?

Probably the same reason they’ve implemented an experimental design without testing it properly first, they don’t give a monkeys what their customers think.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Just wanted to quote myself from the 1st page 2nd comment – oh look, it all came true

Holy crowded header Batman! Imagine this with a banner ad on the top of this 3 part header now… those on smaller screens will see nothing but badges and banners – yikes!
1442 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

The silence from staff on this subject is disappointing… we are not complaining for no reason.

5481 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

The silence from staff on this subject is disappointing… we are not complaining for no reason.

5481 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Why wouldn’t something like this work ? Everyone knows these days this menu icon type, it de clutters the header, and gets rid of that NASTY marketplace font message ughhh

2176 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

I like that idea Australia, it makes it easier to understand that there are more marketplaces than the old little arrow.

+1 from me

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Why wouldn’t something like this work ? Everyone knows these days this menu icon type, it de clutters the header, and gets rid of that NASTY marketplace font message ughhh

Why even bother with the Envato Marketplace logo right there before the logo for the marketplace you are actually at – basic web design 101 is the logo presented is the site you’re on. If you have a drop down select (like you suggested) then slap it in there – the UX from Envato just boggles my mind at times.

Also please to remove the stupid massive welcome box and authors you follow area. Just run a full width welcome to “name of marketplace” + tagline and get straight to search and products – I would create mockups (like I’ve done in the past years) but I’m really not willing to waste my time – and by that I mean falling on deaf ears.

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by