5461 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Good points, in fact a dropdown ( more obvious than the old one ) has to be the way to go, because theres no room for new marketplaces.

Unless they use a horizontal slider OH YEAH BABY ! lmfao

1749 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

And on the marketplaces other than ThemeForest, the “Home” link is somewhere among those logos, if you’re an old member, you’ll reach it(but it’s still annoying and hard to do so), but if you’re a new member, sorry, but there’s absolutely no chance you’ll know how to get back to the homepage.

http://prntscr.com/2ape0b

Don’t tell me the first think the user will do is to search for the PhotoDune marketplace and click on it to get to the homepage. He’d arrive either on ThemeForest(and obviously leave almost instantly) or on the envato marketplaces..and quit as well.

This is basic UX, one does not add the “Home” logo/url in the middle of the page. The visitor probably doesn’t even know the website’s name if he’s there for the first time, he has no idea what ThemeForest or CodeCanyon is…

It’s so sad that nobody’s listening.

491 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Located in Australia Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
justinfrench Envato team says

The silence from staff on this subject is disappointing… we are not complaining for no reason.

Just a quick note to say that I’m still listening, still reading every word :)

1749 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

listening is not enough :( There was so much feedback provided and no official reply. We didn’t get even the opacity quickfix, which would have been a little bit better.

1420 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+3 more
WebSmacker says

Just a quick note to say that I’m still listening, still reading every word :)

I never said you weren’t listening :) There’s some great advice from successful web designers just in this thread. Imagine if you did a contest for the best front page redesign with a $10k bounty.

I wouldn’t complain if I didn’t love envato :)

713 posts
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

listening is not enough :( There was so much feedback provided and no official reply. We didn’t get even the opacity quickfix, which would have been a little bit better.

+1

Oh I was forgetting, directly from my experience. Recently I searched and purchased an item and as usual, to move from an item to the Codecanyon homepage, I clicked in the top-left angle of the website.

First time I moved to Envato landing page, the second one on themeforest logo (that is just under the Envato one). This is pretty annoying.

And I am an Elite author, I live here and see every pixel for 12 hours a day. How can a new customer take advantage of this arrangement?

491 posts
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Located in Australia Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more

We’re listening to the feedback/concerns carefully, watching metrics really closely and building up a list of possible next steps.

We obviously don’t consider this design finished, so you will definitely see some tweaks and iterations soon. I’ll have a more detailed post soon (middle of next week, earlier if possible), and I’d love to ship a tweak to the opacity really soon.

491 posts
+1 more

When I’m on videohive and I click on that logo and you need to send me to the landing page (which is another issue we should discuss) but, if you send me there at least put the search bar on the videohive files option!

That’s a great insight, I totally agree. If we stick with this kind of structure, we should definitely use the referring site to pre-select the best search option.

491 posts
+1 more

Also please to remove the stupid massive welcome box and authors you follow area. Just run a full width welcome to “name of marketplace” + tagline and get straight to search and products – I would create mockups (like I’ve done in the past years) but I’m really not willing to waste my time – and by that I mean falling on deaf ears.

I can’t promise we’ll implement exactly what you’re proposing, but I can promise that it won’t fall on deaf ears. If you have any previous mock-ups floating around, I’d love to take a look. We’ve been considering something that sounds similar.

1257 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

We’re listening to the feedback/concerns carefully, watching metrics really closely and building up a list of possible next steps.

We obviously don’t consider this design finished, so you will definitely see some tweaks and iterations soon. I’ll have a more detailed post soon (middle of next week, earlier if possible), and I’d love to ship a tweak to the opacity really soon.

Why don’t you guys simply restore the old menu back until you fix/improve the current one? Also is this going so slow?

Maybe next time you’ll put the design work trough some review process before releasing it to the masses, and even keep it privately for a few days/weeks before releasing it, for example it could be something like http://codecanyon.net?newmenu=true and see how your users reacts to the change.

by
by
by
by
by
by