• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Also please to remove the stupid massive welcome box and authors you follow area. Just run a full width welcome to “name of marketplace” + tagline and get straight to search and products – I would create mockups (like I’ve done in the past years) but I’m really not willing to waste my time – and by that I mean falling on deaf ears.
I can’t promise we’ll implement exactly what you’re proposing, but I can promise that it won’t fall on deaf ears. If you have any previous mock-ups floating around, I’d love to take a look. We’ve been considering something that sounds similar.

Hey Justin, thanks for your reply. I did some several years ago on the forums showing how in the future search would be #1 priority for the marketplaces as exposure would continue to decrease as author and product count would increase and you can’t just keep adding more thumbs to the homepage. I would search the forums but… yeah I never get results :) I doubt I’ll have them anymore locally unfortunately.

I only said things fall on deaf ears as it’s be par for the course for a few years now Justin. Again not a personal attack, just actual fact. We’re all busy, just like you guys at HQ, unfortunately however, if we don’t keep producing items and offer support with our time we don’t get paid by Envato, and in the end they should be the ones making informed decisions using the correct people with the correct experience and steer the ship.

I’ve been a member here for 6 years now, and I along with countless others have given advise, mockups, suggestions and even pleaded to get things fixed or updated and it’s just not happened. Eventually you get to the “I can’t be bothered” stage…

I’m more than willing to discuss via email and offer further mockups if I know it’s taken seriously though. I’m not saying my ideas are the ones you should go with at all, it’s a community and a community of experts, all we ask is that you listen to this experience as a company from your users and take it in to account when making decisions – it makes the best companies in the world as we all know! :)

Jonathan

2049 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+3 more
Creattive says

I would search the forums but… yeah I never get results :) I doubt I’ll have them anymore locally unfortunately.

I tried to find it, did invest quite some time. Guess what I found?

Ladies and Gentleman, the pipeline: http://videohive.net/forums/message/go_to/547530

For those guys who haven’t been around for quite some time: “It is in the pipeline” was the former used analogy for what is now replaced by “We are listening”, “We are still in the planning phase”, “We are working on it”, or “we have a dedicated team that will look into that issue”. All of these sentences mean something along the lines: There will be no changes made in the near future (=next 365 days)

btw, the linked thread is a good read, you will understand the dynamics and anger and frustration of the people in this thread much more when you read through that 2 years old thread :)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I would search the forums but… yeah I never get results :) I doubt I’ll have them anymore locally unfortunately.

Ladies and Gentleman, the pipeline: http://videohive.net/forums/message/go_to/547530

For those guys who haven’t been around for quite some time: “It is in the pipeline” was the former used analogy for what is now replaced by “We are listening”, “We are still in the planning phase”, “We are working on it”, or “we have a dedicated team that will look into that issue”. All of these sentences mean something along the lines: There will be no changes made in the near future (=next 365 days)

btw, the linked thread is a good read, you will understand the dynamics and anger and frustration of the people in this thread much more when you read through that 2 years old thread :)

Although that’s not the thread about the thumbnails and future expectations.. it’s an awesome find and yes totally worth a read for anyone a little newer here to understand where a lot of us are coming from. Great read I just went thru most of it!

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Why don’t you guys simply restore the old menu back until you fix/improve the current one? Also is this going so slow?

Because we’re not only seeking feedback in the forums, we’re watching analytics and usage. Iterating the design based on feedback. Iterating the design based on data as takes a little longer.

We have a second branch ready to deploy with adjusted opacity and a few other simple tweaks, should go live early next week.

339 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
kevinhamil says

Why don’t you guys simply restore the old menu back until you fix/improve the current one? Also is this going so slow?

Because we’re not only seeking feedback in the forums, we’re watching analytics and usage. Iterating the design based on feedback. Iterating the design based on data as takes a little longer.

We have a second branch ready to deploy with adjusted opacity and a few other simple tweaks, should go live early next week.

Looking forward to it Justin… thanks.

4510 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

That was a very good suggestion from jonathan01 having a shopping cart on Envato marketplaces… every leading stock marketplace has a shopping cart with checkout! And that suggestion was made over 2 years ago…. It just makes logical sense to have these features, it seems obvious to the community so why does Envato drag their feet? What do you guys do back there? :D I think we’re past the point of asking nicely and being civil.. WE DEMAND THESE UPDATES.. NOW ;)

631 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+1 more
UBLThemes says

The analytics are going to be a lie!

I can prove this.

For instance there area over 4.6mil people, I think around 50% are actual active users browsing the site frequently.

But as new buyers are coming here everyday lets raise the stats from 2.3mil to about 3mil people.

Now out of personal experience I have accidently clicked them buttons at least 50 times since they have come into place because of muscle memory and because of the late nights and heavy workload I am in auto drive a lot these days ;)

Now lets that at least 20% of the 3mil users have clicked the buttons accidentally.

Thats 600k users.

Now lets say that 50% of them users have accidentally clicked the button 5 times over the last week or so which is not alot.

The other 50% were lucky and have quick muscle memory and only clicked it once.

That makes the total number of false clicks a staggering 1.8 million.

Do you not think that these figures will make the analytics a little redundant?

Its not like its only a few hundred or thousand, its a staggering amount.

Granted its only a rough estimate but I bet this is true.

323 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

we’re watching analytics and usage. Iterating the design based on feedback. Iterating the design based on data as takes a little longer.

So basically you’ve released an experimental design and are seeing how it goes?

I don’t see any mention of usability testing on your list of things to do. This is a shockingly amateur approach for a site as busy and big as this. A couple of weeks later and I still have to hunt for links despite being a regular visitor. You’ve lost sales from me without a doubt as I’m struggling to find what I’m looking for now.

Iterating the design

Is this really what you mean: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/iterating ?

Come on Envato this isn’t good enough, your authors and customers deserve better than a ‘suck it and see’ approach to usability and design.

105 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
loreleyyy says

So basically you’ve released an experimental design and are seeing how it goes?

I don’t see any mention of usability testing on your list of things to do.

This is a shockingly amateur approach for a site as busy and big as this.

+1 That’s what I was just thinking. This is just wrong, I’m pretty sure the “experiment” could have been tested properly without launching it for millions of users…

3445 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says