323 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

I’m pretty sure the “experiment” could have been tested properly without launching it for millions of users…

Of course, all responsible companies will carry out thorough user-centered interaction design testing, either in-house or remotely before a live launch. One corporate I worked for wouldn’t allow me to move an ad box 10 pixels to the left without several days thorough testing of my new design.

The irony of all this is that Envato require authors to have thoroughly tested their products before they’re allowed on the marketplace.

5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

[removed for content]

As for the header and the use of the word “iterate / iteration / iterating” Lets not dwell on that, we overuse it at work all the time. Even in production environments.

However back on track, the header does need fixing, the concensus has already voiced this. As I stated many pages ago, it would be nice for envato to actually put their hands up and say, Ok we got it wrong… the sheer fact is incorrect and over clicking of the crappy logo system, will not reflect well in analytical analysis.

So why not gingerly get the community to do an “a la drivvvvvle” or whatever its called and come up with some actual concepts that would work.

66 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
SomniaThemes says

I have one question which may have passed in this huge topic already but I’m not certain.

Right now the new header is shown to every single person who visits the site. Shouldn’t this be done with A / B testing? In other words: Couldn’t you have shown the header to only a couple of people who visit the website and look at the analytics that way?

Right now everyone sees the header instead of: “Hey guys, so we’re having a new header in the A / B testing phase, most people still see the old header. If you see the new header, please let us know what you think and we can make improvements that way.”

323 posts
  • Exclusive Author
familychoice says

So why not gingerly get the community to do an “a la drivvvvvle” or whatever its called and come up with some actual concepts that would work.

Because the community don’t have access to full details of the data Envato have been collecting from site stats, the community probably don’t have details of the full extent of the sitemap, current technical requirements, staff backend areas (oo-er), or future functionality and expansion requirements. Because the community won’t have been involved in user testing (not that there’s been any) etc.

The reason you think I’m repeating myself is that I’m responding to a general assumption in this thread that this is a quick graphic fix but as someone with a bit of experience in this area, I know it’s not a job for visitors to the site, regardless of how talented they might be.

Before any graphics are created or CSS coded, the navigational architecture needs to be fixed, because at the moment it aint right.

672 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

Little issue: on my Firefox the icon font is not loaded properly (since this morning, 8 hours ago).

Example:

4504 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

“As the new year dawns, we’ll be posting here on Inside.Envato about our 2020 Vision. We’d like to ask the community to help us decide what Envato’s future looks like.”

As said by Collis.. so sounds like a step in the right direction, I just hope the redesign of home doesn’t take as long as 2020

1401 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

There was a recent change put in that I don’t like on mobile. I used to be able to touch the button on the top right to go to the author dashboard. Now it drops the menu down as if you were hovering over it. This change adds an extra click to something I do multiple times a day on my phone. Please advise…

491 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
theAlThemist says

There was a recent change put in that I don’t like on mobile. I used to be able to touch the button on the top right to go to the author dashboard. Now it drops the menu down as if you were hovering over it. This change adds an extra click to something I do multiple times a day on my phone. Please advise…

+1 Absolutely annoying and unnecessary change.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

I have one question which may have passed in this huge topic already but I’m not certain.

Good question, I don’t think it’s been answered. Ideally, yes, but in this case there were a heap of considerations/concerns that lead us to the pursue this one without.

468 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Envato Developer
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
justinfrench Dev says

Do you not think that these figures will make the analytics a little redundant?

Agreed. Any single metric on something like this would be questionable in isolation.

by
by
by
by
by
by