• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

We’ve updated the hub to pre-select the referring site from the search select box

This is the best part of the new hub site. Would be awesome if we could add a huge search like that to the marketplace homepages. It would fit perfectly where the “featured files/free file” row is, and then that content could shift down below the recent items :)

P.S. sorry if that’s already been suggested, this thread is huge!

662 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
LCweb says

Thanks God.. the opacity fix arrived! :)

1374 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

Yes! Now it’s nice :)

264 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Spain
Octopusic says

Amazing new changes for this end of the year. Hope Envato continues growing up in 2014. Cheers

174 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
GraphiTivity says

One place for all… It somehow is giving me a picture that this whole thing is just the start and once things start to merge it is going to evolve into something else much bigger and easier i hope!

Great community!

1999 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Germany
+2 more
Creattive says

One place for all… It somehow is giving me a picture that this whole thing is just the start and once things start to merge it is going to evolve into something else much bigger and easier i hope! Great community!

If the past showed one thing then itis that trying to merge all marketplaces will never work. For example licenses: We have the same license for website templates as for Motion Graphics Templates.

And then they wonder why nobody gets the license :)

542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
ThemesFever says

The update is nice but the envato marketplaces look a bit old compared with the renewed envato.com.

284 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Slovakia
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
alchymista says

The header looks much better now :)

Maybe someone could prepare a section where you will see the whole progress of design – screenshots from the beginning to the present.

323 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

We’ve just pushed out a few minor updates:

1. We’ve darkened on the other seven site logos, to reduce the visual noise a little and further emphasise the current site.
  2. We’ve increased the contrast of the icons in the user drop-down menu.

None of which tackle the main usability issue that has been raised in this thread, which is, you have too many levels of navigation which are confusing and unintuitive – even to regular users.

Basically you’re tweaking a bad idea to make it slightly less bad.

I notice you’ve also moved the order of some items in the Codecanyon main menu. I’d just got used to finding my way from the Wordpress Codecanyon plugins to the Themeforest Wordpress theme section by clicking the ‘WP Themes’ link on the far right (which is where it should be), but it’s now placed before ‘Plugins’ and ‘More’. Why? Who had the great idea that a link to an external section should be placed before links to internal parts of the section? So now I keep clicking the ‘plugins’ link accidentally.

Again it seems that you’re doing no user testing as the changes you’re making are unintuitive, and you seem to only address customer feedback in this thread that’s asking for simple styling fixes.

No doubt you’ll ignore this feedback, which is why I gave up posting 20 pages ago, but this recent menu shuffle feels like you’re deliberately trying to wind up your customers.

You are very lucky that there’s no other serious competition to what you’re selling on here otherwise your ‘suck it and see’ approach to usability would be costing you a ton of lost sales.

21 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
horizonq8 says

Nicely summarized – ridiculous change with the menu order.

Also, I still can’t find a way to remove individual bookmarks or figure out the reason behind doubling up on said bookmarks with favorites – not to mention the completely unnecessary wording change to bookmarks in the first place?

by
by
by
by
by
by