99 posts
  • Belgium
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
krike says

I could use some help because I just don’t get it, on a new design I have a logo. The logo color works perfectly for me but not for someone specific. He has a huge color difference between windows preview en Firefox 4, he wanted to take a screenshot and pasted it in photoshop. To our surprize the screenshot showed us only a very small color difference which made us think it was the browser, but he opened the website in IE and he had the same color as in firefox ….....

In the end I took a picture of the monitor (it’s not the best thing to do but had no other option), hopefully you will see what I mean and be able to give a me a hint. I’ve set my photoshop to use the monitor colors but those running on mac don’t seem to have a problem.

\\

This is what most of us see:

\\

254 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
evaske says

I had this same problem. Designed on my Mac and it looked fine. Came to view it on my PC and half of the details was missing. It was a simple case of my PC’s monitor not being colour calibrated properly.

I’d recommend you tell the person having the problem to get hold of a monitor calibration tool :)

2211 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+4 more
crozer says

Take your logo and try it out on several computers (eg. internet cafe, your friend’s computer, etc). If it looks good everywhere else, it is your client’s monitor calibration that’s screwing your logo up.

Other than that, a very long shot, is that you’re experiencing a CMYK vs. RGB issue. Check your Photoshop document’s settings and see on what color-mode it is set. This might then affect the way your client views the logo.

1475 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

Make sure you’re embedding the color profile when you’re saving images for web. Images will look different across Macs and PC’s if you don’t.

991 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Power Elite Author
+4 more
Parallelus says

Make sure you’re embedding the color profile when you’re saving images for web. Images will look different across Macs and PC’s if you don’t.

This was my first thought as well. It’s the color profile saved in the file information. However… I always create my web graphics in sRGB and never embed the color profile information. The reason I do this is browsers are supposed to use sRGB and only a few browsers even support full color management, FF 4 I believe is one of them.

by
by
by
by
by
by