294 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
crossroad says

Hello, We withdrew US$7000 from an Envato account to a British Bank using SWIFT method. The amount we received is 4311.72 GBP which is equal to US$ 6553. So if we assume Envato + local bank charges 100$, even then there is difference of US$ 350 at least.

Why there is so huge difference? I have confirmed from my bank and they said they do not charge anything. So I am just wondering if anyone else also has such experience?

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

I thought I read somewhere on the forums that swift charges have increased?

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Check if the money got exchanged with a bad exchange rate USD->GBP and check how many times (lol, yes) Is your bank account under USD or GBP? I would suggest having an account in USD, makes these things much more clearer and you can exchange the money on your own using an online exchange broker where you get much better exchange rate.

701 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Hello, We withdrew US$7000 from an Envato account to a British Bank using SWIFT method. The amount we received is 4311.72 GBP which is equal to US$ 6553. So if we assume Envato + local bank charges 100$, even then there is difference of US$ 350 at least. Why there is so huge difference? I have confirmed from my bank and they said they do not charge anything. So I am just wondering if anyone else also has such experience?

Hi,
This is not normal. I think you need to contact your bank and ask for details on that particular transaction and every commissions/expanses related to it. Maybe some fees were applied on the same day, or maybe the was some sort of tax applied (which is unlikely). Also there’s possibility that currency conversion rate in your bank is not what you’ve expected.

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

If I were you I would call the bank immediately and ask about the transaction. Most of the times they would be willing to tell you in detailed about what fee were you charged and what was the exchange rates at that moment of transaction. If their calculations doesn’t make you feel good then you can write a ticket to Envato Support.

492 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

swift envato fee is $35, that’s all

5945 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@crossroad, do you have another account? Lately there are too many members speak here with different account than author account. Everyone here have 2nd account just to speak on forums? :D

On topic, Enavto’s fee is $35 and intermediary or local bank may take around $25 but not more than that.

3538 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

@crossroad, do you have another account? Lately there are too many members speak here with different account than author account. Everyone here have 2nd account just to speak on forums? :D

I’m guessing it’s the case of developers / designers working with other authors on other accounts. Maybe they do not have access to the main account so they have double accounts..

by
by
by
by
by
by