313 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
crossroad
says

Hello, We withdrew US$7000 from an Envato account to a British Bank using SWIFT method. The amount we received is 4311.72 GBP which is equal to US$ 6553. So if we assume Envato + local bank charges 100$, even then there is difference of US$ 350 at least.

Why there is so huge difference? I have confirmed from my bank and they said they do not charge anything. So I am just wondering if anyone else also has such experience?

1034 posts
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
BenSheppard
says

I thought I read somewhere on the forums that swift charges have increased?

1908 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Top Monthly Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Author Level 11
  • Winner
+10 more
FRESHFACE
says

Check if the money got exchanged with a bad exchange rate USD->GBP and check how many times (lol, yes) Is your bank account under USD or GBP? I would suggest having an account in USD, makes these things much more clearer and you can exchange the money on your own using an online exchange broker where you get much better exchange rate.

972 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 13
  • Trendsetter
+9 more
Dream-Theme
says

Hello, We withdrew US$7000 from an Envato account to a British Bank using SWIFT method. The amount we received is 4311.72 GBP which is equal to US$ 6553. So if we assume Envato + local bank charges 100$, even then there is difference of US$ 350 at least. Why there is so huge difference? I have confirmed from my bank and they said they do not charge anything. So I am just wondering if anyone else also has such experience?

Hi,
This is not normal. I think you need to contact your bank and ask for details on that particular transaction and every commissions/expanses related to it. Maybe some fees were applied on the same day, or maybe the was some sort of tax applied (which is unlikely). Also there’s possibility that currency conversion rate in your bank is not what you’ve expected.

1766 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 5
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 1
+2 more
gbs
says

If I were you I would call the bank immediately and ask about the transaction. Most of the times they would be willing to tell you in detailed about what fee were you charged and what was the exchange rates at that moment of transaction. If their calculations doesn’t make you feel good then you can write a ticket to Envato Support.

501 posts
  • Affiliate Level 7
  • Author Level 10
  • Collector Level 2
  • Top Monthly Author
+10 more
pixelentity
says

swift envato fee is $35, that’s all

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

@crossroad, do you have another account? Lately there are too many members speak here with different account than author account. Everyone here have 2nd account just to speak on forums? :D

On topic, Enavto’s fee is $35 and intermediary or local bank may take around $25 but not more than that.

3804 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 11
  • Trendsetter
  • 7 Years of Membership
+12 more
KrownThemes
says

@crossroad, do you have another account? Lately there are too many members speak here with different account than author account. Everyone here have 2nd account just to speak on forums? :D

I’m guessing it’s the case of developers / designers working with other authors on other accounts. Maybe they do not have access to the main account so they have double accounts..

by
by
by
by
by
by