• Exclusive Author
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Greece
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
DanaosC says

Hello there Hive Community,

Of course you’re not at fault but I have to release my anger somewhere.
I came back to Videohive from a long break and I WAS really bumped up into making projects.
I spent.actually as it seems, I WASTED tons of energy and hours to make some projects and upload them. 2 the 3 I upload were reviewed and one is still pending.

Both of my project were rejected for reasons that I can NOT accept as I have seen files which are totally junk. (Yes, I know I am not in the position to judge these, Yes I know I should not tell these kind of stuff) but this really gets on my nerves.

I know people that would totally buy my project which preview you can see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km_lHq6i3tE&feature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFTE_0UnX18

I am thinking of stopping doing that as it seems I am just wasting my time. Of course they’re not something that you would be completly stunned but it DESERVES to be accepted. I think i hear the cry because of the unfairness.

Obviously this thread will be lost in the countless threads but I HAD to post it.
Reviewers and Hive itself are either strict on specific members/projects or it just have changed all these months I was not here.

I am really dissapointed and sad as I thought I found something that will make me feel someone.
Sorry for those who are in the same place and I hope I did not bother you with my thread.
Have a nice day people.
Cheers!
-Dan

848 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

“Of course they’re not something that you would be completly stunned but it DESERVES to be accepted.”

Doesn’t the statement above answer your own question?

As an author, you should be uploading projects that you think WILL stun customers with great design and execution. Otherwise, why would you upload the project?

Take pride in your work, and keep developing your design skills. Based on the examples you’ve provided and your current portfolio, it looks like you’re almost there.

Keep your head up and keep working!

176 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says

“Of course they’re not something that you would be completly stunned but it DESERVES to be accepted.”

Doesn’t the statement above answer your own question?

As an author, you should be uploading projects that you think WILL stun customers with great design and execution. Otherwise, why would you upload the project?

Take pride in your work, and keep developing your design skills. Based on the examples you’ve provided and your current portfolio, it looks like you’re almost there.

Keep your head up and keep working!

No it does not answer my question as it’s not something that stuns ME,but it may stun some people.

Because some reviewer do like it (No offence at all), it does not mean that it won’t be liked by others.

I know that you want to have “strict” criteria so the files that are on VH are excelent but have you checked the 1st page?
But again, it’s a matter of taste in the end?

Funny thing is that.with all the respect, by accepting these projects,no one will blame you, you know they’re not JUNK in any way. But instead, you’ll give buyers more variety.
I am ready to deliver any type of judgment and I am pretty sure that my objection will not counter almost at all as I am not someone “big”, but sadness and unfariness rules inside me right now.
Time I wasted could be used for something else. Anyway, nothing can be done after this point. Have a nice Day.
-Dan
848 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Beta Tester
+5 more

Perhaps the problem is – which is usually the issue in most of these cases – that you are unable to see the difference between the projects that you’ve had rejected, and the projects that have been approved for sale on the marketplace.

Take a look at your kinetic typography example. Do you think your project holds up to the level of quality and execution to some of the recent kinetic typography files that have been approved? If you do in fact believe that your file is on-par with the files that have been approved, then I think we’ve pinpointed the issue.

I will promise you that no file is rejected because the “reviewer didn’t like it”. When a file is rejected, there are always definitive reasons why the file wasn’t approved. Reviewer decisions aren’t based on opinions and conjecture.

And just because a file isn’t considered “junk”, doesn’t mean its acceptable. We’re looking for outstanding projects, not just animations that skirt the line of acceptability. Your rejected projects definitely aren’t junk, but they weren’t considered acceptable either.

I’m trying to offer you advice and support to help you better yourself as an designer and an author, in hopes that you’ll be able to see and understand why your projects have been rejected, instead of blaming the reason on other things and feeling that the review process is unfair.

As one of VH’s top authors, InLifeThrill, always likes to point out, he had multiple files rejected when he first began submitting items to the queue. But he improved his abilities, and look at where he’s at today.

It’s examples like this that should push you to become a better designer and therefore, a successful author.

176 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says

Asking me if I think something is good will just bring us to the conclusion that it’s a matter of taste.
I can also send you in private,projects that I think that are equal,or ever less good that mine if you insist.
Also I see no define reasons when a project is rejected, it just not meet your quality creteria etc.
I am always trying to impove myself as everyone, I do not think neither Inflife or a bigger is not trying to do so.

Thanks for the support and advice, I’ll try to be awesome in my own way. Discussing further about it is waste of energy and I had enough of it.
Best regards,
-Dan

848 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Beta Tester
+5 more

I certainly don’t mean to waste your time and energy. Just simply trying to help an author who clearly had a gripe.

Afterall, you started the thread.

176 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says

But anyways it’s a waste of time and energy as nothing can actually come out of it, I just have to imposve my skills to suit your tastes. I started the thread,so I can tell my thoughts and not expecting to solve anything as the authors are always at fault.

Thanks again for spending time answering and I wish you a great day.
-Dan

404 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

Hey Dan ,
Listen…about the Fantasy Revealer – I think it’s too simple…the technique is very basic and there is a line between “minimalistic” and “basic”.

About the Kinetic project, maybe if you uploaded it a year ago it would pass. It’s not ugly in any way, and not “wrong” in any way…but lately (especially since the Kinetic competition started) I’ve seen INCREDIBLE items that involve typography like this…so the level has raised a lot….
Variety is good ofcourse, but not always…you want the clients to see your best side, not to look at your project and think “meh, I’m not completely stunned”, you want them to say “wow ! this one’s mine!”

I had an entire pack rejected when I first joined, and I’ve decided long time ago it’s not good enough …. I don’t think about it as a waste of time…it’s a learning curve ..

I promise you – and I’m willing to bet on it (If I’m wrong I’ll buy a project of yours :P ), if you’ll stick around for 5-6 more months and you’ll get a project approved, you will admit that these 2 items you uploaded were not good enough to be accepted (at this point) :) don’t stop ! keep on going
And don’t be bitter, it’s bad for creativity and produces wrinkles :P

GT.

199 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Australia
footagecentral says

Don’t give up that item is great!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep working hard…

176 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
DanaosC says

Thank you so much GhosTeam and footagecentral, sorry for making a fuss,
I already you know that’s what I should do and what you are speaking of is exactly right!

Thanks again for reminding me and I wish you to have a wonderful and great day and life ahead :)
Cheers!
-Dan

by
by
by
by
by
by