5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
waqas_riaz says

Hi, Some days ago i submit my first WordPress theme but it rejected, i can’t understand reason.

Theme Demo

Questions:

1) Can anyone tell me why my theme rejected?
2) Can i resubmit it?
3) What improvement i need to do?

Message from Theme Forest:

Unfortunately your submission Moraine – responsive magazine theme isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/399/57/

Our Review team also provided these comments:

Your item does not provide the necessary design quality for this category. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

563 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kriskorn says

1) You should be happy you got rejected not banned. Your theme is a copy of a very popular magazine theme on ThemeForest – SimpleMag(Cannot post links.)

2) Yes, but not copies.

3) Learn how to design and code.

481 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

1) You should be happy you got rejected not banned. Your theme is a copy of a very popular magazine theme on ThemeForest – SimpleMag(Cannot post links.)

2) Yes, but not copies.

+1 a worse copy at that

5 posts
waqas_riaz says

2) Yes, but not copies.

My theme has many features then simplemag, i can show you 3 themes which are 95% same as simplemag and these themes approved

426 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

rather than dwell on other people who, like you, have chosen to steal another’s design – why not spend your energy on stealing various other elements from other top selling themes until you have something which looks like it could be unique

Submit the resulting theme and sit back and wait for elite status to be yours

/sarcasm

22 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemesIndep says

Common dude :) It’s our theme you made yours. Our CSS framework, the class names and the code as a whole is ours with some little changes you did. Not the best way to start working as a theme author. Guess this is the main reason your theme was rejected. Try to create something which is yours, it will be accepted and you will feel much better.

P.S. Your menu have bugs ;)

5 posts
waqas_riaz says

Common dude :) It’s our theme you made yours. Our CSS framework, the class names and the code as whole is ours. Guess this is the main reason your theme was rejected. Try to create something which is yours, it will be accepted and you will feel much better.

Thanks to reply man, Actually, i got HTML template from other front-end developer, i did’t know what he did, i will not submit it again :)

by
by
by
by
by
by