115 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
zigmat says

Hello!

I want to live and work in Australia, because I am very tired of our weather, and not only it …

I have IT education, but now I’m working web and print coder / designer, and I like this work. Themeforest people from Australia, I would like to ask you some local resources for designers / coders and it would not be bad if somebody tell me how there going with that profession.

Thank you!

104 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Australia
thomasfedb says

Hey, I’m from Australia too.

However i’m still a high school student but i think i may pursue a carear in web…

115 posts
  • Won a Competition
zigmat says

Hi thomasfedb, I’m from Europe. I found http://www.seek.com.au and see that there is many web / print designer, html / css jobs in Australia.

Advice me any resources for finding jobs in Australia, and resources for designers and etc…

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I heard that everyone in Australia must have a boomerang. It’s kind of like their form of identification.

Write that down…

115 posts
  • Won a Competition
zigmat says

:D Ha-ha! In list!

352 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
danharper says

You are aware of the size of the spiders in Australia, aren’t you? :P

822 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
wpbakery says

zigmat, since you are from europe. you’ll need a lot of documentation being prepared as well as a visa and working permissions to work in Australia. My sister right now starting that process and she told me that papery work will take aprox. 1 year! And don’t forget about the airplane tickets…they are kind of bucks y :)

115 posts
  • Won a Competition
zigmat says

Yeap i know that paper stuff can take 8 mon. – 1.5 year. But that and tickets is OK. I just can’t anymore live in Europe :)

burningstonecold
burningstonecold Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Won a Competition
burningstonecold says
I heard that everyone in Australia must have a boomerang. It’s kind of like their form of identification. Write that down…

Hahaha! I love that. I’ve got one, comes in handy occasionally :P

I’m in Australia, Sydney specifically.

No, but seriously Zigmat the IT industry in Australia is booming and suffering at the same time. It’s generally booming as technology in Australia is becoming more advanced, but it’s suffering as the Recession is hitting businesses causing them to have to knock off some workers and so on.

If you want to drop me an email i can give you a list of some good sites to find Australian related IT work – one or two specifically IT related too.

Housing in Australia, especially Cities are becoming expensive and also you’ll have to bring lots of money depending on your Currency as I’m paying almost double for things in USD that i buy :(

I suggest taking a trip over here (only if you can afford it) and have a look around, make yourself familiar with what goes on and how things work. Then you can visit the Immigration office and have a chat with them about whats required, etc…

Though, think and plan this out very well as it always pays to be prepared too.

Thanks, Andrew

292 posts
  • Australia
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Ezza says
You are aware of the size of the spiders in Australia, aren’t you? :P

That’s South American. Our spiders are small, but very venomous. However there have been no recorded deaths since 1981 due to effective anti-venom being available. It’s the sharks and crocodiles you’ve got to watch out for, they’ve been several deaths from both this summer.

Aside from all that though, Australia is awesome.

by
by
by
by
by
by