97 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
miroslavzv says

If you will ask for refund, they will lock your account.

Happen to me twice times

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

If you will ask for refund, they will lock your account. Happen to me twice times

That is even better.

1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
BenSheppard says

Urgh… he only has to make a backup of his website, remove the on you’re on about and upload his backup go another website or multiple websites
I don’t think “he” can do it forever. I don’t know Ben, you seem to take “his” side isn’t it?
No it’s just pointless fighting pirates.

That is your opinion and a few others only. FYI: a newbie author having his works on file sharing sites is a real problem. The chances for survival are basically none. For others it’s probably free advertising.

The struggle for survival does not make any sense having these websites doin’ bad to us.

Ben, you don’t have any good selling items and you don’t have any of your items hunted by these sites, so you don’t know how it feels like having your work available for FREE download. In my humble opinion I think you should keep your mouth shut if you don’t want to help, just because you are NOT in this same situation. You don’t know how is it when the sales don’t move for many days when it used to be fine (but I guess you are comfortable with your sales), and you find 2-3 sites posting 50 download links.

You think taking down those 2-3 sites is hard? Me and the starter of this thread just did it in just a few days. We are 1500+ authors, more than 500 are, let’s say, successful. If only 10-20 of us unite against them, there will never be any TF items out there for free download. NEVER. Nobody will ever dear to do that.

So why not taking them down? So that our clients have a chance to test before buy? They can easily ask for a refund if they are not satisfied. ANYTIME.

EDIT:

Ben, how would you feel when you get dozens of support requests from people who refuse/don’t verify purchase? Also your sales didn’t move for some days… would you be angry a bit?

I understand your hostility towards me, but not that I’m not in the same boat, I have the ability to be empathetic so don’t worry about that, I have removed a lot of websites trying to give my website away.

If people want to be decent and buy your theme they will, if they want to download it they will.

As soon as a link is on the website it’s everywhere, so just because the download link isn’t on the first page of Google doesn’t mean it’s gone

I don’t get sales some days and if people ask for support without being able to prove they bought it, they won’t get support, that’s life.

I’d prefer to spend my time making new templates and helping my real buyers.

Not to dishearten op for his achievement, but it’s a drop of water in an ocean

Quick edit:

If you think you can get rid if piracy you’re wrong but I can only wish you good luck

278 posts
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says

Way to go Billyf :) I was always wondering how everyone doesn’t give a f, take g*s dot com for an example, 98% of stuff you can find there are from TF, GR, VH and sometimes AJ. I can’t understand why authors don’t check those sites and at least report their own stuff.

Btw getting domain name taken away from him will be devastating, as moving to another won’t generate some traffic :)

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

I understand your hostility towards me, but not that I’m not in the same boat, I have the ability to be empathetic so don’t worry about that, I have removed a lot of websites trying to give my website away.

If people want to be decent and buy your theme they will, if they want to download it they will.

As soon as a link is on the website it’s everywhere, so just because the download link isn’t on the first page of Google doesn’t mean it’s gone

I don’t get sales some days and if people ask for support without being able to prove they bought it, they won’t get support, that’s life.

I’d prefer to spend my time making new templates and helping my real buyers.

Not to dishearten op for his achievement, but it’s a drop of water in an ocean

Quick edit:

If you think you can get rid if piracy you’re wrong but I can only wish you good luck

So by the time you are loosing money because of these websites, you make sure you refrain from giving authors useless claims such as “fighting piracy is pointless”, because you are 100% wrong and in the wrong topic.

I am not being hostile to you, just showing you that I feel uncomfortable when you touch my wounds, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.

@templattica I took down g*s.com for a few days, not it’s back up, I don’t know how, perhaps new host, well, let’s send DMCA to the new host. It’s gonna go offline again, right? We are many, he is just a pity one..

278 posts
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
scrnjakovic says

@dnp but I think Envato should care more about that. It’s not the same when they file a DMCA and when we as individuals do it. I can remember g*s.com being down for a few days recently.

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

Envato cannot do anything on our behalf unless there is a contract to exactly specify that. I don’t think they are interested.

The power is ours to do what we think it’s best to do. We can make a Skype channel (I personally think it’s best), we can share expenses for suing websites and recover some of our losses (as given by some other author) and many more things.

We the people have the power to do all these. So let’s do this.

by
by
by
by
by
by