130 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
deanb says

Its nearly four years since I found this wonderful site with so many amazing files. It changed everything for me, my website was always so much more advanced than my competitors due to using your Flashden files. I also used to love the spirit of the community, what a great place it was. (Spent over a grand here on stuff)

Then the I thingies came along and people said my website doesn’t work properly any more.

At the moment we are making massive changes to our website as we have no choice but to ditch the Flash, its looking good, really good actually (got a couple of former Flashden authors doing the work) but I know that it would of been even better using some Flash.

Oh well I suppose thats life things change, but in most areas of live they progress, which is not the case for the web. Those damn stuped I thingies…

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who I purchased a file from in the past and offered fantastic support.

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

This is the result of choices made by a corporation that pretends to spread its marketing as a religion. The saddest thing is that the masses are happy to give money to this monster, not realizing that it’s depriving them of freedom of choice.

Never seen such a closed system having so much success. If Jobs succeeded in something is certainly squeezing the wallets of its customers with a smile.

3725 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
deanb said
Oh well I suppose thats life things change, but in most areas of live they progress, which is not the case for the web. Those damn stuped I thingies…

Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation.

-Oscar Wilde

2206 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says
deanb said
Its nearly four years since I found this wonderful site with so many amazing files. It changed everything for me, my website was always so much more advanced than my competitors due to using your Flashden files. I also used to love the spirit of the community, what a great place it was. (Spent over a grand here on stuff)

Then the I thingies came along and people said my website doesn’t work properly any more.

At the moment we are making massive changes to our website as we have no choice but to ditch the Flash, its looking good, really good actually (got a couple of former Flashden authors doing the work) but I know that it would of been even better using some Flash.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who I purchased a file from in the past and offered fantastic support.

Hey Dean

Well it is sad thing that flash is not on the Itoys but hopefully it will be in the future. The thing is that you kinda have to roll with new technologies and upgrade. I started with html and then got into flash cus it was cool and animated. Now i am back to html but on the html5 side and i am trying to create some cool html5 templates that kinda look and operate like flash with some awesome jquery animations and effects. So don’t be sad just go with the flow and try something new maybe you will like it.

Cheers

Lester

71 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Diesel_J says

Dean, If its any consolation to you, being a musician we must also jump on the tech wagon and get on board with what’s “hot” and ditch what’s not. The cool thing is that if you upgrade your skills, there will always be a demand and market for your talent.

by
by
by
by
by
by