261 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
PersianArt says

I am very sad and angry, after 12+ or more time rejection I improve my theme and send it again and this time after 1 day this theme was “held tem” , when I see meaning of the held item I was be glad, because it seems all item in this position will be approved and I note further to this sentence specially “Authors who’s items are held should not panic or be concerned.” and I think after +10 month and more than 12 rejection and various received copy-pasted messages I can see my theme in site.

but few hour after this, I received rejection again but this time by small message “isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements” and nothing else. I think the problem is not due to the theme and the problem is something other than this …

327 posts just a random dude...
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
trendyWebStar says

well to be honest, there’s much more work to be done, if you want to get that approved here … :)

1830 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

I really doubt it was held by the review team, since it looks pretty bad. If you worked on it for 12 months, you should really put some question marks and start focusing on learning instead of trying to sell stuff on which you’re not good enough.

For the overall layout, there are lots of free themes better than yours.

261 posts
PersianArt says

I really doubt it was held by the review team, since it looks pretty bad. If you worked on it for 12 months, you should really put some question marks and start focusing on learning instead of trying to sell stuff on which you’re not good enough. For the overall layout, there are lots of free themes better than yours.

hi, you did not doubt, it was in held, and about looking you are free but in my opinion it is not pretty bad.

332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
dekciw says

‘not pretty bad’ is not enough for themeforest.

3341 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

its not quite aesthetically ready for themeforest plus theres a quite a few usability issues

122 posts
BrianHermelijn says

I am not one to speak about market items or anything, but I believe from rejections we learn what’s wrong with our themes and improve in that specific area. There are themes that has been rejected more then that, but with persistence they have reached a decent amount of sales or top sellers. Besides that I feel like your theme could use some more improvements before getting accepted as well.

Do reverse brainstorming and see what’s wrong with your theme. I hope that helps. Good luck!

And as always have fun coming up with innovative ideas for themes :)

140 posts moutheme
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
moutheme says

You invest so much efforts and time into this, we all can understand your frustration. But I must agree with the others, the theme look dated now in terms of design, and not very appealing.

And I agree with the FinalDestiny that you need a break and learn a little, read some articles about design principles, like here http://webdesign.tutsplus.com and list few books. Instead of trying to fit your theme to minimal requirements by fixing issues. Then back to your theme with a new fresh look.

Also, your mistake was to choose advanced WP them as your first item – shortsighted.

But in the end – if you give up, that would be the worst decision, because you now quite close to success, like 75%. Good luck!

261 posts
PersianArt says

‘not pretty bad’ is not enough for themeforest.
FinalDestiny said “pretty bad” an I said no, in my opinion, it is not only pretty bad even it is good
261 posts
PersianArt says

its not quite aesthetically ready for themeforest plus theres a quite a few usability issues

thanks, it is good if you guide me for these issues

by
by
by
by
by
by