2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

My theme got rejected today for 2 reason :

1. I use Nevis font and I have to write the creator to know if I can use it.

The thing is .. I used it on my last theme and on my PSD theme … and Epicera used it on Iconic. That totally piss me off.

2. I have to fix the PNG issue on my theme for IE6 .. the thing is .. I used only 1 image. I don’t want to add unnecessary Javascript only to fix 1 image that doesnt make any difference. Anyway .. this is my theme :

http://ddwebstudios.com/tf/nova/blue/

What you guys think ?

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

It’s a good looking theme, so I would just do what the reviewer asks and be done with it. :)

If other authors are using that font, they, too, will need to ensure that they have permission to use the Nevis font. I’ll ask my reviewers to be more stringent when font checking. :)

You very well might have the right to use that font in your template, however the documentation at their site is a bit sketchy when it comes to redistributing fonts via JavaScript files. For both of our sakes, it’s best to play it safe and email them.

In reference to the PNG issue – it’s just not a big deal to fix. Add a quick IE6 check, and import the script. :)

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Or – if you don’t want to fix the PNG24 issue, just remove that bubble entirely from IE6 .

93 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Alexhughes says
2. I have to fix the PNG issue on my theme for IE6 .. the thing is .. I used only 1 image. I don’t want to add unnecessary Javascript only to fix 1 image that doesnt make any difference. Anyway .. this is my theme :

I still think rejecting on IE6 issues is very controversial when many envato sites have major errors themselves.

I love the theme as I commented on the psd. I’m a 100% buyer when it is approved.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

What if the guy answer me in 1 week !? Why nobody asked me to email the author last time I used it , and why is it on another theme !? .. this is just making me lose my time and my money.

Why don’t you apply the same rule all the time ? I would have email the author of the font last week. Whatever , Im losing my time again writing here.

Thanks for that.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

I still think rejecting on IE6 issues is very controversial when many envato sites have major errors themselves.

I love the theme as I commented on the psd. I’m a 100% buyer when it is approved.

Thanks man , I appreciate it. Maybe you will be able to buy it in 1 week when the author of the font will write me back ;)

2529 posts
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

@Alex – Envato sites aren’t being sold as templates. If they were, they’d be IE6 complaint.

@DDStudios – You’re right. The reviewers should have caught this the first time around. I’ll be emailing them tonight to ensure that these things don’t sneak by in the future.

You, too, should worry about whether you have the right to use that font. Did you ever ask them if you have permission to use their font in this way?

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
@Alex – Envato sites aren’t being sold as templates. If they were, they’d be IE6 complaint.

@DDStudios – You’re right. The reviewers should have caught this the first time around. I’ll be emailing them tonight to ensure that these things don’t sneak by in the future.

You, too, should worry about whether you have the right to use that font. Did you ever ask them if you have permission to use their font in this way?

No I havent email the guy but I read the liscence and I understood I could use it and it was used with sIFR for Iconic theme. Anyway , I got nothing more to say , we are both losing our time because someone havent done his job , 3 times in a row ..

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

Just to weigh in on Nevis – When I submitted Nevis, I also passed in the licensing information and a link to the free download site. I didn’t include the font in my core files (don’t need to since it’s SIFR ), but the font is open source so it should be easy to any user to pick up and run with if they did happen to need the actual file. Maybe you just didn’t include or reference the licensing information?

Either way, the layout looks great from my side. I would just get used to including a PNG fix with all products… I know, it can be lame, but once you get into the habit of including your PNG fix of preference, it’s super easy to just drag n drop it into templates.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

And if we can’t use it with Javascript , you guys are in big trouble because Iconic sold 480 times .. you should soft disable it , don’t you think ? Why can he make sales tonight and not me ? (Sorry Brandon you know it’s not against you :) )

That doesnt make any sense at all

by
by
by
by
by
by