1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

That’s really bad to hear Carlos! I am really sorry about your issue. :( Which OS you used?

I use Windows 7

in a few hours i will try with another software to recover the info in a perfect state because with getDataBack I got my info with errors I’ll consider your advice, I will start with an external disk drive and link it with google or dropbox the problem right now is that I have not many resources for this month the repair of my PC cost me about $500 money that was not budgeted

302 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

I’m registered to backblaze.com, that’s basically it, it’s all I need and I think it’s worth the money. Even after a recent hard disk failure I just downloaded the data back to my new hard drive.

655 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

long shot but. buy the same model harddrive and just replace some parts that got fried!. I never try it but its worth a shot!

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

long shot but. buy the same model harddrive and just replace some parts that got fried!. I never try it but its worth a shot!

We used to do this on a regular basis, chances are 50-50 but it is worth trying :)

2590 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

1 Any backup solution is only efficient as long as you also have a packed back-up schedule in place.

2 Flash drives (the more the merrier, they come in all shapes and sizes) and SSD drives provide much more safety than any classic hdd, and most likely consume less power than a RAID array. Also, they can be used as mobile presentation devices for anything from images up to full videos, and they can be encrypted just like any hdd.

3 a UPS is great and all, but I think that by having a good surge-surpressor between your PSU and wall-outlet, you at least ensure no “frying” takes place, and any data-loss (provided you do a backup every 12-24h) is limited to the previous backup cycle.

Last but not least : learning the hard way is painful, but sometimes also refreshing. Not saying you should be jolly about it, but I felt less depressed the last time it happened to me, upon noticing the spike in performance and snappiness of my lil’ old laptop. You know, that saying about the half-full glass :D

Good luck :)

1739 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

Sad to hear that. You may start using external HDDs for back-ups only, and cloud-based hosting services. Losing data is really a dangerous risk for us all nowaday :(

abhimanyusharma003
abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
655 posts
+1 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

Use recuva it’s really good. I also lost my data and project files. Thanks to recuva it help me lot to recover those files.

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
maguiar01 says

I’ve lost my HDD last month too (the Mayan apocalypse was real for me). If your HDD is damaged, don’t try to run those file recovery tools, because you might damaging more you device. Use ddrescue to create a image and try to recover your files from the image. If i had done a image from my drive right from the beginning, I certainly would have recovered all my files.

I know you’re a windows user, but read this https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DataRecovery . The info on this page really helped me.

Regards

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

hey!! good news!! I could recover all my files in perfect condition with UNDELETE and GetDataBack, This deserves a celebration! i’m very happy! :D Thanks everyone for their advice, I tried most of software until there was one that works perfectly :)

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Carmen says

Yay! That is awesome news Carlos. I hate the idea of losing all my data. I’ve actually decided to make printed copies of all my photos. (Hopefully one day I’ll bore my grand kids silly with stories of my youth!)

by
by
by
by
by
by