• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
petrenj says

Hi fellas, I never been in this kind of situation, but my son yelling all the time, and woman too, and I lost my ear during mixing this new song :) I cant judge is it to “bright” or is it snare over compressed … I feel deaf :)

here is the link, so,please, take your ear on it and give me some suggestions :) https://soundcloud.com/fluidunderground-1/test-song

Thank you

Milos

1273 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
UJ-pro says

Hi Milos,

nice rock track!

It’s a bit late now in germany and my ears are tired that I can’t figure out all now.

The first thing I notice was that the lead guitar sounds a bit to low (the tune) could be the D-String.

I would take out one of the lead parts to go earlier into the solo.

Maybe more tomorrow. Cheers, Udo

864 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
MichalskiMusic says

Milos -

I agree that this is a nice track.

I think I would back the volume of the guitars down. The bass and drums seem to be losing definition to me. I am not sure I agree that the guitars are tuned too low, but I don’t think they are just completely dominating the mix to the point where they are beginning to sound out of the mix. When this happens to me, I will pull the fader down completely, mix everything else to where it sounds good, then add the guitar back in to the point where you don’t lose the other instruments but you can clearly hear the guitar. The other thing I might be hearing is a very fast attack time on the compressor for the bass and the drums. i think part of the reason I am missing them a bit is that they have that fast compression, squashing the transients and keeping them from biting. I think bringing down the guitars in volume would allow to increase the attack time on the compressor for the bass and drums, getting some of the transients back in the mix.

Just a thought. I could be way off but that is what my ears are telling me. I really like the track.

Hope this helps!

Michael

680 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

Very nice track. Like it very much! I would lower a bit volume of guitars and make bass sound more selective not muddy. I can’t hear bass line on consumer speakers.

769 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
petrenj says

Very nice track. Like it very much! I would lower a bit volume of guitars and make bass sound more selective not muddy. I can’t hear bass line on consumer speakers.

Thank you Fxpro! Thats exactly what I fix today.I get some eq on bass guitar and gives little more different compression.

769 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
petrenj says

Thanks you guys.I made some improvements and upload it to audiojunge.Also I removed the song from soundcloud, cause its my band official page :)

Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts Threads Started
114 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fernandestelecaster says

I think you should sedate them…. just slip a sleeping pill or something in the boy’s milk cup half an hour before you start mixing. Keep in mind, the woman might need two or three pills. At least, that’s what I’d do. Hahahhaha

by
by
by
by
by
by