1182 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
campolar says

Please don’t use BlueHost… I haven’t used them, but i’ve read they suck :D

Give hawkhost.com a try. They “really” are the best one i’ve used :)

PS: Google for hawkhost coupons and u’ll find nice ones :P

9 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
ryanmalin says
Rackspace certainly seem to be highly esteemed in the industry, but I’m yet to actually meet someone who has direct experience with them. Has anyone got any stories to tell?
Services like www.mosso.com are well known (a Rackspace venture) and include automated billing and account reminders. I don’t have any specific recommendations, no experience there.

I have an account on Rackspace Cloud :) Its currently $149 per month so quite expensive.

Advantages:

- Resell to unlimited clients with automated billing - White label live chat support (if your clients site goes down they can use live chat on your site but they’ll actually be speaking with Rackspace technicians) - Traffic spikes/digg-effects don’t take your site offline

Disadvantages:

- Their Control Panel is slow - No SSH - An additional $20 per month just for SSL - Due to their billing structure, which uses Compute Cycles that measure how much processing power your account websites actually use, you really have to optimise every website – or pass any overage fees onto your clients.

You’re limited to 10,000 Compute Cycles per month, and one of my clients sites (a huge site, sql optimised, loads of caching, 1000 uniques daily) uses 5000 of those cycles alone.

If anyone is thinking of trying RackspaceCloud I’d suggest you visit their customer forum first to get an idea of some problems other resellers have been facing :)

183 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • South Africa
modernworldweb says

Hi i recently just had hosting problems with my former host (godaddy puhh) and http://www.foxyhare.com came to my rescue! I cannot say enough good things about them. They went out of their way to help me with several website issues and are so kind. They are on skype all day and YOU ACTUALLY SPEAK TO A REAL PERSON that is so very helpful down to the t. The customer service is EXCELLENT – this kind of service doesnt normally exist for the affordable price you pay. If you want personal devoted customer care, i would highly recommend them! And for $12 a month for business hosting with a lot of unlimited things – i honestly believe you’ll be getting more than your money’s worth based on my experience with them. YOU WONT REGRET IT . I WISH I FOUND THEM SOONER …

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says
I have a VPS with Liquid Web, wouldn’t go with anyone else. They own all their own data centers which is a massive plus for me.

My host actually co-locates with one of your host’s data centers :)

218 posts
  • Canada
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
simonbouchard says

If you need VPS hosting, contact me, no whole selling, only good and professional services / support. I can customize the whole thing for you.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Haha I was pretty sure Rohan would says something.

218 posts
  • Canada
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
simonbouchard says

+1

374 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
_rohan says
+1

So you acknowledge there is a problem, yet you refuse to solve it?

630 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
RobbyDesigns says

Huh? I saw nothing from Rohan until his reaction to your quote above this post. (Lost)..

Anyway, @JRemick – fair comment but I thought Bluehost was ‘affordable’ rather than ‘cheap’, never mind I’ve moved away from them now anyway, I was happy with the service but their support guy is a complete tool. I admit I don’t suffer fools gladly but the guy cancelled my account because I wouldn’t send a copy of my driving license (!).

Thanks to @Gareth_Gillman – I contacted JustHost who I am with and they’ve confirmed I can add other sites to my hosting account so I’m very happy with that.. thanks for the heads up mate.

PS.. Sorry I changed my avatar yet again, I am redesigning my own website and found it hard to make up my mind how to make it look, I’m now on the third incarnation – I’m my own worst client!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
I had a lot of hosts most of them crapy stuff. I now use mediatemple.

+1 MT fan in here!

by
by
by
by
by
by