1236 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hi guy!

First of all, this is for fun. Don’t get it serious. I was thinking that I need a new badge in ThemeForest: “The Unlucky Author of The Week”.

1. Last week I sold very good, got 11 five stars for my first theme and several great comments but suddenly on Sunday someone bought my item, rated a 1 star and started attacking me. My sales decreased and I missed popular items. Unlucky #1
  2. Last week I was not lucky because my theme sold 56 and the last item in popular items, sold 57. Unlucky #2
  3. Last week only 52 themes entered the popular items, But always it’s 55. I think it’s because I’m not lucky to have a position in pops. Unlucky #3
  4. A few minutes ago my theme soft disabled because of an error in activation. I check it and found out that it’s not me, just another theme which its name is very very similar to mine. Actually at first I believed that it’s mine, but when I saw the file name that was generating error, I’ve found out that it’s not mine because I don’t have such directory in my theme. Unlucky #4
  5. May be #5 is behind the door! :S

I think all of these unlucky situations in a row are enough to make me eligible for a new Badge “Unlucky Author of The Week:D

Actually I love Envato badges and I will change the unlucky to lucky if I get another badge even if it be a “Unlucky” badge.

Just wanted to share that I’m not lucky this week!

Cheers, Iman

533 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

Man, but such bad luck can’t last forever, don’t worry. Your Ventus will earn you a lots of money once it get approved again, and most importantly, it is your first item, you will only get better in future. Just think about how many newbie authors will gladly sell their soul to have at least such success with their themes as you have with your Ventus.

+7 more
ImanGM says

Thank you Phantasia for your kind words!

Yeah I know. I’m just saying I’m unlucky just as some unlucky things happen in a row. Actually I’m so lucky because I believe 99% of my purchasers really like it and I’m happy that I had a chance to meet such nice people in just 10 days! :)

Anyway I really love to have this “Unlucky” badge!! :D

Cheers

366 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

I’m sorry ‘imangm’ but this badge will look nicer on me and would have it for two weeks running lol,

Where to start? Originally was looking to book a return flight to the UK, left it a day late and had to pay an extra $200. :(

A week ago before my flight, ended up in surgery for a sudden reoccurrence of Pilondinal Sinus (really hope no one gets this) that left me unable to do alot including work.

Had to catch a plane from New Zealand to the UK a couple days ago, very harsh flight for passengers over 6 foot and extremely uncomfortable with sinus injury.

Got to the UK after 2 days flying to find out they lost my luggage. All the clothes in the backpack is all i own so now a tramp with no clothes.

I’m being curst to go back to the UK… bad luck all over.

Lets hope next week is better :)

+7 more
ImanGM says

Oops, I’m really sorry… I’m sure you will have a better next week :)

But being an unlucky guy doesn’t make you eligible for a new Envato badge. Your bad luck should be related to ThemeForest or other marketplaces to get this badge. No one can take this badge from me. It’s mine! :D

Cheers

366 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
+5 more
PixelStores says

Oops, I’m really sorry… I’m sure you will have a better next week :)

But being an unlucky guy doesn’t make you eligible for a new Envato badge. Your bad luck should be related to ThemeForest or other marketplaces to get this badge. No one can take this badge from me. It’s mine! :D

Cheers

Lol, I will have to make my own ‘Unlucky Guy Badge’. Things are already looking up, bought a 6 pack of Carling and some chocolate double deckers. ahh the small things in life.

May you have the best of luck and success :)

Best Regards

+7 more
ImanGM says

That’s strange!

I was looking for “Unlucky Guy Badge” but got a new “Forum Superstar” badge. Does it mean that I’m getting lucky? :D

Actually I don’t know how I became a Superstar and what does it mean actually but as it’s an Envato badge and I love them all, I think I’m going to be lucky from now on!

I wish 52 items in popular items increase to 55 and my Ventus enters in it too! Fingers crossed! ;)

+7 more
ImanGM says

Howdy!

It’s now almost a day that my theme is disabled. Would I re-submit it?

Actually I’m waiting for support to reply me because I’m afraid of Ivor ( :D ) and don’t what he thinks that I didn’t cared about his message.

The error was not for my theme but Ivor told me to fix it. I don’t know what should I do now?! :-S Resubmit it? Wait for Support to reply?

Cheers

434 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+6 more
Jaynesh says

Hey Iman,

I’ve requested a staff reply to your post. Being soft disabled by accident is understandable, but taking this long to resolve this issue is a joke. Hopefully they give you some sort of compensation because you are losing valuable sales over this.

Things can only get better from this point :)

+7 more
ImanGM says

Hi Jay!

Thanks :) Actually I didn’t re-submit it because I think maybe there is a problem with my theme but reviewer attached a wrong file which belongs to another theme.

So, I’m waiting for some help from Envato :)

I’m really like your “things get better” words :D

Cheers, Iman

by
by
by
by
by
by