3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
now4dw says

Hullo everyone,

I have a very complex MU site that currently uses seven themes all interacting without conflict or challenge. But I recently bought a (the only?) project bidding theme which has caused nothing but pain. So far, I’ve invested over 50 hours to get it working but it’s ‘give up’ time.

The purpose of the theme is to allow members to list residential building jobs, like tiling, roofing or painting, and have interested tradespeople identify themselves as ready and willing to quote. Think of it as an introduction service :-)

Does anyone know of such a theme or is confident they can build one quickly and cost-effectively ?

If you want to view my site to better understand my requirements, please visit www.theownerbuildernetwork.com.au

Thanks.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
jschodde says

Have you considered one of those custom post type plugins that also let you create meta boxes? I think the hard part (for me) would be to design the listings page to display the projects and such.

The only app/theme that I’ve seen so far is from SiteMile.com. It looks pretty cool, but now you’ve got me thinking…

-Jeff

halfpennystudios
halfpennystudios Recent Posts Threads Started
4 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
halfpennystudios says

Did you ever find a decent Wordpress-based contest theme?

3 posts
  • Located in Australia
now4dw says

Hi halfpennystudios -

I ended up putting that part of the site on the backburner but am now resurrecting it using the PremiumPress employment theme with customisation. Just waiting on their responsive release to move forward.

BTW – our url has changed to www.theownerbuildernetwork.co

:)

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
HighGradeDesign says

Hi now4dw,

I was wondering if you ever got this to the bottom of this? I need to build a similar website where users post repair jobs for their cars then local mechanics bid for the work

I’m also really struggling to find something that fits our requirements, even if I can find something relatively similar, we would be happy to customise it

James

3 posts
  • Located in Australia
now4dw says

Hi now4dw,

I was wondering if you ever got this to the bottom of this? I need to build a similar website where users post repair jobs for their cars then local mechanics bid for the work

I’m also really struggling to find something that fits our requirements, even if I can find something relatively similar, we would be happy to customise it

James

Hi James. I customised PremiumPress’s EmployeePress but I think you are better served developing your own theme.

DW

by
by
by
by
by
by