63 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
1Wolf1 says

I created a black businesscard with pressed text, which has been rejected. In regards to the backside of the card I can understand why, even though I don’t quit know how to make it better, in regards to the frontside of the card, I personally don’t think it needs improvement.

Still, it seems that all in all the card is not good enough. Could I get some advice on how to make it better?

I tried to keep the card simple and clean, because the pressed text was what made it special (well in my mind:-)).

Take a look at the front side of the card here if you want: http://home.tiscali.nl/gggev/DarkPressedFRONT.jpg

and here is the back side of the card: http://home.tiscali.nl/gggev/DarkPressedBACK.jpg

Any advice is appreciated. Please specify if you are talking about the front- or backside of the business card.

Regards,

Wolf

807 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
matu says

It seems that card maybe a little basic also the text is hard to read with the effects used mainly the outer glow effect as it makes the text hard to read. maybe use a patterned background with some lighting as at the moment it is just a grey to black gradient.

just my views on the card I hope this helps

116 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
iWebdezine says

Off to a good start!

I’m far from an expert in the field but agree with what was said above.

If you bring in the glow, drop shadow & inner shadow it will be much easier to read & your pressed effect wont look so much like a gradient IMO , then add some sort of texture or pattern & it will help the card stand out.

I’m still new to this, so its just my opinion!

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
1Wolf1 says

The reviewer also talked about a glow which i didn’t use:-). How some effects can create a glow is actually very nice (obviosuly not in this case but Photoshop is so great!).

I really appreciate the suggestions made here and by the reviewer and I will start redisigning my card to get some better results.

However I do have one more question. The reviewer dind’t think my text was pressed. As I told him there are many different levels and styles of pressed text (as can be seen by my avatar and iWebdezine’s avatar, both pressed and bot very different) but mine was in my opnion definately pressed. Am I totally wrong is it really not pressed?

Just curious about this.

Anyway as said above, the help is appreciated!

Regards,

Wolf

807 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Ireland
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
matu says

I can see what the reviewer was getting at it doesnt seem to give the pressed effect to well this might be due to the glow but try making the inner shadow distance a little closer to the edges and make its size smaller.

63 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
1Wolf1 says

I appreciate your help and I did try to play with the shadows to change the effect. It does change it, just not the way I like it. That’s probably the problem. I have an idea of what I like but that is not always what would sell:-D.

By changing the shadows the pressed effect is even less because of the dark text and dark background. That’s why I added the dropshadow the way it is (which gives it that glow effect) without that, there is hardly any pressed effect left and in print it wouldn’t work at all.

But I am going to give it another try and do a re-design.

Thanks again for taking the time to have a look and give some advice! It’s highly appreciated.

116 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
iWebdezine says

I sent ya a message, hopefully it will help ya out!

by
by
by
by
by
by