7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
Elab says

Hello, I have been reading about the new standards for unique and different files and decided to start working on a strong detailed Magento theme. I noticed there is really only one theme here and it has low sales because you can get it for free from Magento. I have alot of experience in Magento so I tried to design something that I could code into a working template.

With that being said, I needed some input on the psd concept so far. Im really trying to test my boundaries with this idea but I wanted to offer this on the marketplace once polished and coded. Im kinda feeling this out still but I want to make good themes that people will love. Im a huge fan of alot of the work here on TF, but I agree that more variety is much better overall.

Heres the link so far so any input would be great; I truly respect the level of designers here.

Magento Brown Concept

Thanks.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
adam_robinson says

visual hierarchy needs major improvements here. i don’t know where to look, what i’m looking at, relationships between sections etc. its just so busy and there’s no distinct boundaries between different areas. Always remember CRAP when designing – CONTRAST , REPETITION, ALIGNMENT and PROXIMITY

http://carsonified.com/blog/design/how-crap-is-your-site-design/

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
visual hierarchy needs major improvements here. i don’t know where to look, what i’m looking at, relationships between sections etc. its just so busy and there’s no distinct boundaries between different areas. Always remember CRAP when designing – CONTRAST , REPETITION, ALIGNMENT and PROXIMITY

http://carsonified.com/blog/design/how-crap-is-your-site-design/

That was a great read, something I’d forgotten about, thanks a lot for sharing :)
7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Elab says

Thank you Adam. Makes perfect sense now that you say that. Great article and Im working on adjustments now.

123 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
adam_robinson says

no problem. good luck with your adjustments.

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Elab says

Ok I updated the layout to be a bit more C.R.A.P and it did a dramatic change to the mood and flow of the layout. Hopefully this is almost at standards.

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
Ok I updated the layout to be a bit more C.R.A.P and it did a dramatic change to the mood and flow of the layout. Hopefully this is almost at standards.
Do you have a link to the update version so others can provide more feedback? Best of luck to you! :)
7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Elab says

Yes you can use the original link for this thread or this one for now: http://ncmediaweb.com/Envato/2cr.png

I m working on some details now and hope to start coding it in the next few days. This is one of my more ‘generic’ concepts but Im putting a bunch of cool effects into the theme itself. Also the items are showing grid mode and list mode if anyone was wondering.

Thanks.

by
by
by
by
by
by