• Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Yeah, keep the files coming and you will get it. A thought that crossed my mind today..it is not healthy to consider yourself “good” based on the environment that surrounds you. The hive is great, no doubt..but you should not blindly accept it as a design compass. There is so much more out there. By no means being successful here means that you are mandatory a good artist.. or vice versa. Once you gain the experience needed, it will be irrelevant where you sell your work at.. it will most probably do well.

wise words.

5024 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more

Actually, regarding improving a file… there is a tendency, it seems, to add more and more to it. Because more = better, right?

Actually, one of the problems I sometimes have with VH is the impression it gives that minimalism is bad. Minimalism in motion graphics is actually one of the hardest things to do well – to make something truly beautiful and engaging without any of the bag of tricks you often use to pep something up. It means that extremely reduced content needs to be just about perfectly honed…. no particle stuff, no lens flares, no shiny reflections, no gradient backgrounds, no dramatic lighting effects, no vignettes, no 3D are going to save you: the design and movement, the graphics and the motion, the motion graphics(!) need to be perfect. Being able to do minimal well kind of separates the men from the boys (and the women from the girls) in motion graphics.

Maybe, to improve your file, try taking stuff away from it. Take away the particle background and see how good your logo looks just on its own. Make it look stunning just on a black background. Then do the opposite. Take away the logo and make your background look incredible on its own. Then see how they work together. Do they add to one another? Do they distract from one another?

Ask yourself too why your logo is animating in like it is. Is there a reason? If it’s just ‘cos it looks cool or because it’s the first effect you found in the drop down menu, then it’s probably time to ditch it. Does the animation refer to anything in the real (or design) world, does it show a personality or an intent? What do you want your animation to say... if nothing, then what’s the point of having an animation at all? If you’re just animating a logo in because it needs to be animated to get on Videohive, then you took a wrong turning somewhere along the line. That would be putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.

In the best motion graphic design there is, every element is designed, thought through, executed to perfection and all the parts work together as one homogenous unit.

131 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
ideastools_02 says

Hello GrizzleFX, I were rejected 25-30 times :D ! Don’t worry just learn from big guys like placedarm, InlifeThrill, uniquefx, yocreative ! and remember one thing Rejection is a Part of GAME ! :) Good luck

2325 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hello GrizzleFX, I were rejected 25-30 times :D ! Don’t worry just learn from big guys like placedarm, InlifeThrill, uniquefx, yocreative ! and remember one thing Rejection is a Part of GAME ! :) Good luck

You forgot EFEKT Studio, tstststssts :x

1095 posts inlifethrill
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bulgaria
+5 more
InlifeThrill says

Dude, you are HUGE ! Seriously! :D

-inlife

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Dude, you are HUGE ! Seriously! :D -inlife

Ofcourse, for my height, I’m way too fat :D

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Ontopic: Make something totally different. I know it’s a cliché, but at least give it a try. Try to go to direction of something unique. I also know that’s not completly possible, but at least try to bring an element into your art that is somewhat special and unique.

5024 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more

“Unique” is often as simple as looking for inspiration in a different place to the competition.

Since most people don’t look much beyond the end of their own nose, that’s not too hard. :)

727 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GrizzleFX says

This is exactly what i wanted! Thanks for the feedback everybody, its hard to find such an awesome community like this on the internet these days… Again thanks for the support!! :)

-Grizzle

by
by
by
by
by
by