208 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says
Graphic-Studio just showed you an awesome image, which hopefully reminds you that how lucky you are to be alive.

That image is good but it’s the wrong way to approach the problem.

You cannot feel better by thinking about other people’s suffering, it’s stupid .. you can only be more depressed.

Hapinness come from within, not from comparing yourself with anyone.

370 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Mirtt says

That image is good but it’s the wrong way to approach the problem. You cannot feel better by thinking about other people’s suffering, it’s stupid .. you can only be more depressed.

Right, but you have to put some perspective here.

That image can make you feel bad because people are suffering .etc, or can make you feel grateful for what you have and realize that you are luckier than you might think.

I agree,

“Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” -Bill Gates

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Graphic-Studio just showed you an awesome image, which hopefully reminds you that how lucky you are to be alive.

You cannot feel better by thinking about other people’s suffering, it’s stupid .. you can only be more depressed.

I disagree, using your logic .. then people who feel good are impervious and de-sensitised to those with little, and whom are suffering.

I think that graphic, is powerful and represents a perspective that at times we should all subscribe to, humility

208 posts
  • Located in Canada
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

I disagree, using your logic .. then people who feel good are impervious and de-sensitised to those with little, and whom are suffering.

I think that graphic, is powerful and represents a perspective that at times we should all subscribe to, humility

You can be aware of this problem (and even deeply touched) and not use it to make you feel better, there’s a huge difference.

The only way that image can make you feel better for real is if you decide to take tangible action to change something about it.

Why be humble “At times” ? You can be humble all of the time and you certainly do not need this image to do it.

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

I agree, with “tangibile action”

We have to be introspective, but also proactive and remain positive. I don’t subscribe to the 24/7 humble attitude, but that is just my persona…

I actually am in the majority i think, who at times need a wake up call from self imposed ignorance

208 posts
  • Located in Canada
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

We have to be introspective, but also proactive and remain positive. I don’t subscribe to the 24/7 humble attitude, but that is just my persona…

I actually am in the majority i think, who at times need a wake up call from self imposed ignorance

Nope, you are in the huge minority who know they need a wake up call :) It’s different.

324 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
NikolaSusa says

Depression and similar st won’t get you out of the problem. You need to aim for a clear goal and work your a for it.
My family has been trough so much s**t within last 20 years, after we lost almost everything(and we were really really rich), but we kept our heads up and got through it..

5492 posts
  • Located in Australia
+4 more
Australia says

Nope, you are in the huge minority who know they need a wake up call :) It’s different.

Hmmm .. Not sure I follow you, oh well.

A huge minority is still a minority… So i disagree, but thats me spent :)

208 posts
  • Located in Canada
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Hmmm .. Not sure I follow you, oh well.

A huge minority is still a minority… So i disagree, but thats me spent :)

You say you are in the “majority” of people who need a wake up call ..

But just by acknowledging that fact prove that you are in the huge “minority” of people with enough awareness to know it :)

1412 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

I agree with Dany (the first thing he said). I am sorry for you, but you need to do something about it, don’t expect things to get solved by themselves. Think about what is it that got you into this situation and how you can solve it.

by
by
by
by
by
by