• Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
DanyDuchaine says
Graphic-Studio just showed you an awesome image, which hopefully reminds you that how lucky you are to be alive.

That image is good but it’s the wrong way to approach the problem.

You cannot feel better by thinking about other people’s suffering, it’s stupid .. you can only be more depressed.

Hapinness come from within, not from comparing yourself with anyone.

368 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
Mirtt says

That image is good but it’s the wrong way to approach the problem. You cannot feel better by thinking about other people’s suffering, it’s stupid .. you can only be more depressed.

Right, but you have to put some perspective here.

That image can make you feel bad because people are suffering .etc, or can make you feel grateful for what you have and realize that you are luckier than you might think.

I agree,

“Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.” -Bill Gates

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

Graphic-Studio just showed you an awesome image, which hopefully reminds you that how lucky you are to be alive.

You cannot feel better by thinking about other people’s suffering, it’s stupid .. you can only be more depressed.

I disagree, using your logic .. then people who feel good are impervious and de-sensitised to those with little, and whom are suffering.

I think that graphic, is powerful and represents a perspective that at times we should all subscribe to, humility

197 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
DanyDuchaine says

I disagree, using your logic .. then people who feel good are impervious and de-sensitised to those with little, and whom are suffering.

I think that graphic, is powerful and represents a perspective that at times we should all subscribe to, humility

You can be aware of this problem (and even deeply touched) and not use it to make you feel better, there’s a huge difference.

The only way that image can make you feel better for real is if you decide to take tangible action to change something about it.

Why be humble “At times” ? You can be humble all of the time and you certainly do not need this image to do it.

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
Australia says

I agree, with “tangibile action”

We have to be introspective, but also proactive and remain positive. I don’t subscribe to the 24/7 humble attitude, but that is just my persona…

I actually am in the majority i think, who at times need a wake up call from self imposed ignorance

197 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
DanyDuchaine says

We have to be introspective, but also proactive and remain positive. I don’t subscribe to the 24/7 humble attitude, but that is just my persona…

I actually am in the majority i think, who at times need a wake up call from self imposed ignorance

Nope, you are in the huge minority who know they need a wake up call :) It’s different.

324 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
NikolaSusa says

Depression and similar st won’t get you out of the problem. You need to aim for a clear goal and work your a for it.
My family has been trough so much s**t within last 20 years, after we lost almost everything(and we were really really rich), but we kept our heads up and got through it..

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
Australia says

Nope, you are in the huge minority who know they need a wake up call :) It’s different.

Hmmm .. Not sure I follow you, oh well.

A huge minority is still a minority… So i disagree, but thats me spent :)

197 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
DanyDuchaine says

Hmmm .. Not sure I follow you, oh well.

A huge minority is still a minority… So i disagree, but thats me spent :)

You say you are in the “majority” of people who need a wake up call ..

But just by acknowledging that fact prove that you are in the huge “minority” of people with enough awareness to know it :)

1406 posts
  • Europe
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
Stylius says

I agree with Dany (the first thing he said). I am sorry for you, but you need to do something about it, don’t expect things to get solved by themselves. Think about what is it that got you into this situation and how you can solve it.

by
by
by
by
by
by