57 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Blunny says

I have to agree with DanyDuchaine on pretty much everything he said :-)

When you’re depressed and unable to snap out of it, it most certainly isn’t going to help to be told that you’re well off compared to other people. It will probably make you feel worse, and the initial problem still remains. I think that graphic works with “first world problems”, like getting a latte that’s just too damn hot to drink.

I have a post-it note above my computer saying “never complain, never explain”. When I first read that somewhere (OK, it was an article about Kate Moss), it really hit a nerve for me. I’ve noticed that it’s actually a really good mental exercise for letting go of what’s happened and trying to make sure to make better decisions right now (letting go of the past and things that are outside of your control also helps with depression). If I fail, then that’s too bad; lesson learned, and onwards and upwards. I can ask for help and I can state facts, but complaining is just letting negativity spread.

And just so we’re clear, I don’t think the OP was complaining. I think it’s a great idea to ask support from the community around you. People generally want to help when you tell them that you really need them. Everyone loves to feel needed and do something that will make them feel good.

5490 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

I agree, with “tangibile action”

We have to be introspective, but also proactive and remain positive. I don’t subscribe to the 24/7 humble attitude, but that is just my persona…

I actually am in the majority i think, who at times need a wake up call from self imposed ignorance
Nope, you are in the huge minority who know they need a wake up call :) It’s different.

Hmmm .. Not sure I follow you, oh well.

A huge minority is still a minority… So i disagree, but thats me spent :)

You say you are in the “majority” of people who need a wake up call ..

But just by acknowledging that fact prove that you are in the huge “minority” of people with enough awareness to know it :)

Ahh gottya.

849 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Rewroc says

Maybe it’s going to sound rude but it’s not at all.

Complaining never helped anyone and it’s probably because of that bad habit that you are in this position today. If you realize it and accept it and decide to be careful about what you say and think (especially thinking) .. things will change trust me.

In our world today, complaining is really popular, because it’s the best way to put the blame on something else instead of really looking at what you did wrong and what you could adjust to make your life better. It also contribute to feeding your “Ego” wich need negative stuff to stay alive.

Focus on the present, your wife, your health. From there just ask yourself what you can do “TODAY” to make your life better, starting by stopping the complaning. Make little changes every day, little effort and you will see results.

Do not try to do everything at once, it will only discourage you and this is the biggest trap of always thinking about the future and trying to plan everything.

And don’t stay inside, take long walk if you can .. look at nature, animals, children etc ..

Hope it help!

+10000 :)

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

thanks for all ure help everybody

436 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
studio_21 says

Just think of all the other billion people who don`t have a home to live in or food to eat at night before they go to sleep…

128 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MCDenny says

Ok people I have a similar problem, I have money for Christmas, but I broke up with a girl, maybe I should convey their concerns to the forum, but this had an impact on me, I will not be able to do new music tape for a while :(((

5110 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

@TNL…. why not make a Christmas gift for your wife?

Hand-made, home-made things are always the best gifts to receive. I only wish I had more time for that kind of thing myself. Plus, making something and getting creative with cardboard, glue and string can be a very positive thing. Maybe it’ll even start you thinking about some ideas about how you could move your situation forwards.

953 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Bible belt. Move the f out of there :D i have been in the same boat as you even with the same job. Leave the damn job for a better job and i know you will find absolutely nothing because that absolutely nothing will get you unemployment. If you leave the job for another job and you happen not to get the job then you can get unemployment. If you work there long enough :D . I EVEN HAD THE SAME SITUATION WITH MOTHER IN LAW! I feel for ya but what you could do is sell shit on Ebay i know you got useless things laying around every one does! And speaking of Xmas gifts my wife is not getting anything from me this year nor am i getting something from her but we got each other for the Xmas. on top of that we do not even have the damn tree up yet :D. Life is good make your way back home if you feel that is the only way it can go for the best then do it. You will be able to get a job back home and feel home and help out your mother in law with a couple of $ here and there and you know what i mean it will make your wife happier too!

655 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

you can make more then $150 on referalls here on envato in a month. if you really try too. if you have internet your winning all ready there people out there that dont even have that.

2121 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

@TNL…. why not make a Christmas gift for your wife?

The Best Christmas Gift is the Gift of Presence. Enjoy the moment you have with your Family and remember that none of us really know when our Presence will end.

I have found that even taking 15 minutes out of my day to sit with my daughter or wife is very beneficial to our well being.

Hugs & Kisses (Group Hugs too) really make a difference in one’s day!

We’re so busy trying to deal with the problems and situations of the day – sometimes we forget that our Presence is really all that needs to be there to make it all possible.

If we are not Present, then something is wrong.

But, I digress – everyone has a different situation and not all problems are solved using another’s conclusions’.

by
by
by
by
by
by