44 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
MsTrAudio says

We are documentary and advertising film makers and have a huge raw footage archive in full quality formats. So, I would like to ask you that: What kind of footage are the most needed? Maybe all kind, but, as it happens in music, there must be preferred things. So I can easily sort them out.

Thanks…

173 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Rickyloca says

I woudl suggest you to make a small research with Envato search engine. I normally type a couple of tags and sort the files in sales order, so i can get an idea of how many downloads have been made so far. For example if you type “clouds timelapse” you get 1069 downloads and the top 3 most downloaded files got 218, 75, 73 sales…if you type “city timelapse” you get 337 files and top 3 got 227, 189, 132 sales. As you can see there is more competition with “clouds” and less sales compared to “city” with less competition and more volume of sales. In this way i get a rough idea of the situation out there, is not a precise number but at least you can get some market statistics.

Have fun! :)

44 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
MsTrAudio says

I woudl suggest you to make a small research with Envato search engine. I normally type a couple of tags and sort the files in sales order, so i can get an idea of how many downloads have been made so far. For example if you type “clouds timelapse” you get 1069 downloads and the top 3 most downloaded files got 218, 75, 73 sales…if you type “city timelapse” you get 337 files and top 3 got 227, 189, 132 sales. As you can see there is more competition with “clouds” and less sales compared to “city” with less competition and more volume of sales. In this way i get a rough idea of the situation out there, is not a precise number but at least you can get some market statistics. Have fun! :)

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I am concerned now, clouds = ukulele (in music). :)

173 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
Rickyloca says

I woudl suggest you to make a small research with Envato search engine. I normally type a couple of tags and sort the files in sales order, so i can get an idea of how many downloads have been made so far. For example if you type “clouds timelapse” you get 1069 downloads and the top 3 most downloaded files got 218, 75, 73 sales…if you type “city timelapse” you get 337 files and top 3 got 227, 189, 132 sales. As you can see there is more competition with “clouds” and less sales compared to “city” with less competition and more volume of sales. In this way i get a rough idea of the situation out there, is not a precise number but at least you can get some market statistics. Have fun! :)

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I am concerned now, clouds = ukulele (in music). :)

true, but still sell quite a lot! :)

1553 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

I would suggest to upload unique files. Whatever is difficult to find or to do, whatever with great quality, whatever you personally like most. Even clouds – good to do. A lot of them here, but quality is not the same.

Also I think videos with good looking people or any kind of professionals have great opportunity to sell well.

We never know which items will be more popular next, so personally I just try to upload some best from what I shot.

.. have a huge raw footage archive in full quality formats. ...
If you have 10 bit uncomressed Full HD or even 4K you definetely will have advance over most items. :-)

Best Regards, Andrey

by
by
by
by
by
by