54 posts
    Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Located in Romania
cotletcristian says

Hello guys!

I know that when you submit a PSD item, mostly you get this general messages that you are not respected the evanto rules and you are redirected to their knowledgebase page…

Man, we don’t need that… We need constructive reviews. So as i think this needs to be done is as follows: The reviewers take an item for example and when they start typeing their reply to the author, the make sure that include all the issues that his item had. Because from my point of view, as an author, i become confused when you send me as a reply a general message and send me to knowledgebase page… I need to know exactly what are my mistakes so i can re-make them…

I strongly recommend this type of review when are listed all the issues that you have with your item submitted.

If anyone support this idea, please recommend this too…

Thanks!

3520 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

The reviewers are not here to learn you how to design a theme..

1034 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Ask for a constructive reviews then.

54 posts
    Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Located in Romania
cotletcristian says

The reviewers are not here to learn you how to design a theme..

I understand… And i know that it’s fully our responsability to make sure we provide quality as in the KnowledgBase is stated but there are a lot of designers or developers who put their hard work on it and at the final they get this general message from reviewers when they says something general that you don’t meet their requirments…

We really need constructive reviews… Because this is in the benefit of comunity, author and also for the Evanto company because when they work on building quality they get the most from earnings…

427 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Jaynesh says

I think one of the reasons reviewers don’t provide specific feedback is because there is always multiple solutions to the problem and it is up to the designer to explore all the possible outcomes.

e.g The reviewer may not be happy with the visual hierarchy of the theme but they can’t tell you to change the font, move that box over to the left, move that over there, change that colour etc because there are hundreds of ways to solve the problem and it is up to you to solve that.

Similar to a food critic. The food critic isn’t going to tell you what ingredients you need to add to your dish, because its your dish.

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I think the amount of stuff submitted makes it pretty hard for a reviewer to give particular feedback for every design. They give you tips to fix a design but only if is almost ready.

54 posts
cotletcristian says

I think one of the reasons reviewers don’t provide specific feedback is because there is always multiple solutions to the problem and it is up to the designer to explore all the possible outcomes.

For e.g The reviewer may not be happy with the visual hierarchy of the theme but they can’t tell you to change the font, move that box over to the left, move that over there, change that colour etc because there are hundreds of ways to solve the problem and it is up to you to solve that.

Similar to a food critic. The food critic isn’t going to tell you what ingredients you need to add to your dish, because its your dish.

Got your point but no one i think needs that review when it guides you to move the box a little to the left…etc We just need to know the general issues… Not details… So if they don’t like the font or spacing or colors or boxes arangements… They just says something about it as a general thing… So the author can know exactly where to improve.

What if i start a PSD project, i work on it, make it at least for minimum requirments but forgot a little detail: didn’t used the proper names for preview files or didn’t done the documentation well…etc and i get this message from the reviewer to just check the Knowledgebase… In that moment you think that all of your work is rubbish…But in fact you just have to improve in 1 single part of it…

Isn’t it frustrating?

54 posts
cotletcristian says

I think the amount of stuff submitted makes it pretty hard for a reviewer to give particular feedback for every design. They give you tips to fix a design but only if is almost ready.

Normally if you want your company to provide quality, you hire how many reviewers it’s needed to do all this work… So if you have 5 reviwers for hundreds of submissions per day… it’s obvious that no one has the time to give you at least the most important tips that you need to focus on to get your item uploaded and accepted… And off the record… i think when we speak only about the profit that Evanto has from this Themeforest system, we don’t have to complain about it… So possibilities are… Just the willing misses…

My personal oppinion…

427 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Jaynesh says

For e.g The reviewer may not be happy with the visual hierarchy of the theme but they can’t tell you to change the font, move that box over to the left, move that over there, change that colour etc because there are hundreds of ways to solve the problem and it is up to you to solve that.

Got your point but no one i think needs that review when it guides you to move the box a little to the left…etc We just need to know the general issues… Not details… So if they don’t like the font or spacing or colors or boxes arangements… They just says something about it as a general thing… So the author can know exactly where to improve.

What if i start a PSD project, i work on it, make it at least for minimum requirments but forgot a little detail: didn’t used the proper names for preview files or didn’t done the documentation well…etc and i get this message from the reviewer to just check the Knowledgebase… In that moment you think that all of your work is rubbish…But in fact you just have to improve in 1 single part of it…

Isn’t it frustrating?

If you meet all the minimum requirements but forget 1 small detail, you will be soft rejected and be told to fix that issue.

This is why we have hard rejections and soft rejections.

54 posts
cotletcristian says

Ok, so what do you say about this reply that i’ve got from reviewers? What should i understand and improve from that?

“Unfortunately your submission “_” isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List

Our Review team also provided these comments:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

We appreciate your submission and look forward to seeing your future submissions. “

by
by
by
by
by
by