159 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
peex says

Hi folks! How can i improve this design and yes it is rejected.

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
wvb says

What said the reviewer?

214 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Pandemic says

Wow, I’m surprised this was rejected. I really like it, and it’s better than many templates on here already.

364 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
chrisfay says

I really like it as well – I think some minor things to consider would be the big space between the top of the page and the logo and maybe some additional padding between elements (feels a bit tight).

Good work and I think it’s a bit odd it was rejected as well…

23 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Lahdekorpi says

Great design, but could you please do something about the gradient on the background :D add some blending to it.

159 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
peex says

Here is what the reviewer said:

“Overall this template is very nice so far but needs a few improvements. The typography needs improvements in terms of line-height and contrast. It appears that almost all the text is the same color except for links. Even the headings look almost like normal body text. You might consider using differing contrast styles for headings and other text styles as well as larger sized headings to separate them from body text better. Much of the body text could also be further refined by increasing the line-height which would also increase readability and help space out the content.

The about us page has great examples of content styles but the content has very little breathing room and needs some extra space to divide sections and elements.”

478 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

Indeed the reviewer was right, when i submitted my template, it had a similar issue with contrast of text, he told me to lower the contrast of the text so it doesn’t draw the visitors attention to everything at once, just make it so that when someone goes on the site, they see the headings to know whats the topic and will be able to skim the site better if you know what i mean. Also the line-height has to increase, its too crunched up together making it very hard to read and puts a strain on my eyes.

As for on the about page, make headers stand out more like maybe bold them or make slightly bigger, and once again overall contrast of text has to be lower. never try to make all text the same on a website the same color.And again line-height, needs to increase.

I really hope this is helpful towards you.

1435 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

Change the content text color to #ccc. Bold the heading (if you want). I will also change the content font to verdana of lucida sans. Make the heading in about page bigger or more obvious. Give more space between the paragraph and heading.

I hope this help and good luck!

159 posts
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
peex says

Here is what i’ve done

I increased line height to 18px and i changed heading colors.

478 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says
Here is what i’ve done I increased line height to 18px and i changed heading colors.

hey the text seems readable now but still lower its contrast, its making you look at everything on the page, like Kailoon said, change the color of the font to #ccc for the body text. But I would recommend something around #aaa. Then maybe it’ll be better

by
by
by
by
by
by