451 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to share with You my dissapointment of July sales. Only 1 sale so far:) I know that a lot of authors has same problem now:)

And now let’s speak about my thread, I really need Your help. I hope I will find here someone who is following me or just listened at least one of my rock tracks. I make only rock music, I don’t know why, maybe because I suck in other genres. But I have noticed one thing, if Rock track is selling great – it is really soft rock. Even Soundroll’s hit “Fight No More”(which is the most hardcore song of top sellers) has less gained guitar than mine.

And if You listen to other Rock music topsellers – guitars are pretty soft, specially if You listen them after my tracks.

So I have to make decision, continue making this music like I do(and have more listeners, couse a lot of people like this sound) or start to being more soft(and get more buyers)?

Few months ago I decided to get listeners, but now I need sales, but will this plan help me?

And sorry for my bad English:)

Alex

679 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says

You should try going for as many different themes as you can. Chances are, you’ll sell better that way.

627 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Depends what you’re trying to get here. Like I’ve noticed that it’s generally the more focused accounts that have the best sales. Also when it comes to getting commission work they normally go to specific authors for specific genres. If you’re here to make money than hop on the corporate/motivational bandwagon… but if you are here for the love of a particular genre than do it because you enjoy it!

627 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

Hey man. Just listened to some songs on your account. I wouldn’t change a thing if I were you, you have a specific sound and I think your clients come to you wanting that specific sound. Just keep perfecting YOUR craft and doing what YOU want to do and I’m sure someone will come by and appreciate it for what it is!

408 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Hi Depard, I think if you need more sales – your sound should definitely be more soft. You have nice themes and melodies but if your sound will be more smooth – you’ll get more sales. May be it’s not good advice, but try to orientate on the music (sound) from beer commercials (Bud, Carlsberg especially)

388 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

IMO the more genres you can do, the better (more experienced) producer you are, and the more fun you have! Just try – it doesn’t hurt :) You can always create a second account with commercial music. Good luck! And stop complaining about your sales, buyers hates complainers ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by