659 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
snkart says

^ Unless they told so, i dissagre. First of all if you look at their design styles they are different. Second of all if they used the same sentence to end the comment it doesn’t mean they are the same user. If Dzoan is the designer of the theme he might as well be sued because he is the one who sold it to wpthemes. Just my analysis.

Until an evidence of guilt we should treat them as inocent.

291 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
sniperatic says

They don’t have a leg to stand on. The websites are no where bear similar enough to be able to say you stole the design.

As Australia said, there website is poor, why would someone steal a poor website design.

37 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
wpstrong says

I sent email to Envato support and waiting for their reply. At the mean time, I hope other authors here know that your items could be disabled anytime by a DMCA document dropped from no where. I also really appreciate if anyone can give me some advices for this case. Thank you so much.

488 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
pixelentity says

You need to counter their DMCA, after that they have 15 working days to file a lawsuit against you and inform envato. If they don’t, your item will be restored but frozen funds could take up to 3 months to be released from envato.

397 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United Kingdom
Jaynesh says

Am I the only one that finds Envato’s policy on DMCA notices flawed? It seems like anyone can send in a DMCA notice about any theme and Envato HAS to disable it until it is investigated.

If I sent a DMCA notice, for the top 3 items because they used similar body text (Lorem ipsum) as one my themes, will Envato disable these items until they have finished investigating? The answer is no because they have different policies depending on the popularity of the item but technically somebody could temporarily remove every single item on the marketplace by sending in a DMCA notice on small issues such as “similar header” for each item. This whole thing is flawed.

Popular items = Investigate -> Disable

Regular items = Disable -> Investigate

280 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
cosmincotor says

I see some design similarities on the home page, but other than that the two are very different.

Those guys should focus more on work rather than blackmail if they want money.

1574 posts Building the Web.
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+2 more
ZoomIt says

Am I the only one that finds Envato’s policy on DMCA notices flawed? It seems like anyone can send in a DMCA notice about any theme and Envato HAS to disable it until it is investigated.

You are not the only one.

Ontopic: There are a few similarities but common. The whole design is not even 10% similar. This is blackmail !

488 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+3 more
pixelentity says

There’s no investigation from envato: they disable the item as soon as they receive a DMCA and the only way to have it restored is by sending a counter.

92 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
CanCars says

DMCA is the same as the one used on YT

COUNTER! or you will have to prove before claim is lifted, once counter is recieved, the burden switches back to them and no more claims can be entered, they will then have a set time (usually 15 days) to present facts or a court date, if nothing is received the item gets restored back to you. These dmca claims are highly abused on YT by haters and are very effective in taking down channels.

2285 posts Community Team
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+13 more
contrastblack Staff says

Hey guys,

While I can certainly see that the situation is a delicate one, this is hardly something for the forums. In this particular case, if this is related to any of the Marketplace items, it’s best to ask Support for assistance, and communicate with Support exclusively through the ticket to speed up the process.

@wpstrong: Support will get back to you as soon as possible with further instructions, please respond back via the ticket.

That being said, please refrain from calling out and offering private information via the Forums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Locking this up, will be removing the sensitive information shortly after, so I don’t have to disable this completely.

by
by
by
by
by
by