I spent 6 months building a framework in WordPress. I'm hoping to release it Open Source. [Check more here]

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

I am still a noob WP developer, I don’t understand and have no idea how to get this started, use what files, how do I get a sample theme I can get it working?

36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
JoeMcKie says

I am still a noob WP developer, I don’t understand and have no idea how to get this started, use what files, how do I get a sample theme I can get it working?

Hey, I’m working alongside a few other people to get a boilerplate theme set up at the moment. If you keep an eye out soon it should be released very soon :)

75 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
themespirit says

This is exactly the sort of thing I’ve been looking for.

Hopefully when the final WP requirements doc becomes available and with a community supported framework such as yours, it should make things a lot clearer for WP developers looking to break into the marketplaces, like me.

Many thanks for your hard work

36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
JoeMcKie says

I have just build a starter theme for the framework. This should make it a lot easier for people to pick up and start developing with it!

Here is the link again, https://github.com/joemckie/horizon-framework, have a play around with it!

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

Hi Joe. I got the Incendio theme installed, but once activated it gets an entire screen of errors:

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘D:\xampp-portable\htdocs\wp\wp-tests/wp-content/themes/horizon/_theme/templates/portfolio/single-post//config/config.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.;\xampp-portable\php\PEAR’) in D:\xampp-portable\htdocs\wp\wp-tests\wp-content\themes\horizon\_horizon\horizon-core-hooks.php on line 69

I am on localhost for now.

36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
JoeMcKie says

Hi Joe. I got the Incendio theme installed, but once activated it gets an entire screen of errors:

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘D:\xampp-portable\htdocs\wp\wp-tests/wp-content/themes/horizon/_theme/templates/portfolio/single-post//config/config.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.;\xampp-portable\php\PEAR’) in D:\xampp-portable\htdocs\wp\wp-tests\wp-content\themes\horizon\_horizon\horizon-core-hooks.php on line 69

I am on localhost for now.

Hey, I just pushed a few more changes, can you get them? On first load you will need to save the admin panel once so that it saves styles etc, I think that is what is causing your errors

Check out the quick-start in the read-me too!

• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
dnp_theme says

Just did all that, still getting same errors. Perhaps you can do a test install on a different test site and check the errors.

181 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
ThemeRox says

Hi JoeMcKie, Its really a great work. You can make it open project as people can contribute to development work. Thanks

21 posts Good design is good business
  • Elite Author
  • Iceland
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
bluthemes_ says

This is great! Thanks.

I will definitely contribute when I start working with this.

36 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
JoeMcKie says

The framework is almost ready for beta testing, maybe a week or two away now! I have requested a staff reply to this post – I would be extremely interested to hear what ThemeForest thinks to this, and extremely appreciative to get their feedback as to what I need to change to make this TF-Compatible. Please check here! https://github.com/joemckie/horizon-framework/tree/develop

by
by
by
by
by
by