8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
RoyalwpThemes says
Hello all authors, me need your vote ) First, i agree with the opinion of ThemeRox about his topic: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/review-process-is-now-seems-like-time-killing-machine/133228

I wait all time very long while item checking and also on support, but it’s not main problem.

How you think, if your item was rejected with standard text (if you work long on TF you know maybe all this messages, like “your item not unique”, “your item have similar design” etc.) you must receive more detail and concrete answer from reviewer or other support community?

I explain you how it’s works, when your item reject you can’t resend it again (they talk you open ticket on support), ok, no problem, you open ticket and ask support about something more detail answer, they talk again standard text and go to forum) nice…

When you ask via support your reviewer, he talk you only very overall information why he reject (or soft reject) your item(

This process can take a very long time, i open 5th ticket with almost the same question but without result( again and again very fast and overall answers, and also they not provide pre-review via support) so why i write here (in support), if you can’t explain me anything?)

So, i think author must receive detailed review about his item, not only standard answer! I know what two reviewers work very hard and can’t explain you any details, so i think if TF receive so many money and can’t hire anybody? it’s funny)

I mean more reviewers and also special support which answer only on item problems, why item will be rejected, what concrete reason, and also answer on concrete questions!

Because it’s not easy work so hard and when your item was rejected not receive anything from reviewers or support!

Think about it please.

And sorry for my English :)

3670 posts
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

Would never work. As you rightfully said – there would need to be many more reviewers ( don’t forget the number of submissions they receive on a daily basis).

The biggest issue and why it works the way it does is that if a file is close then they do feedback. If they don’t it is because there is too much to do to get it past which means:

- first that would take ages for a reviewer to cover it all off

- second even with a ton of work it may still not be good enough and

- lastly it requires the author to be able to translate and execute all the feedback properly, which is a big ask and if they do not get it right ( which is likely ) then the author will be really frustrated and annoyed and the process starts over again.

It is a nice idea but logistically it would never work, slow down the process and actually I think cause more frustration long term

1070 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

I agree with @charlie4282 and I want to add some notes also.

@RoyalwpThemes, it would be awesome if the reviewer will tell you what is done right and what not, but he is not your teacher and you as a designer/coder should know how to do these things in order to create premium items for sale.

Now let’s do some math. Suppose the reviewer has to verify 50 theme submitions per day. You would say that this number is too hight, but trust me, it happens(or maybe this number is even higher). Now let’s think about the time used to review them. Let’s suppose that it takes:
3 minutes to inspect the demo,
5 min to check the code,
5 min for docs,
5 min to install on his server,
5 min to check again if everything works,
5 min to accept or reject.

This is: 3+5×5=28 minutes
For 50 themes: 28×50=1400 minutes( 23 hours )

It need 23 hours to quick review 50 themes, and these numbers are to the minimal value. Imagine how much hours will be if the reviewer will explain to every author why his item have been rejected… That’s minimum 10 min for each theme… and this transforms in 8 hours+.

Now think again… If the design is not appealing, this will be 2-3 min + 2-3 min to send a standard message which is good enough to understand that your item is not ready for sale. :)

Reviewers are humans not machines.

Best regards, Andrei.

396 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
drsankarl says

Just One simple question.
How many times have you come to this forum to help new authors with their rejected items. I suppose you dont have the time !!!

491 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
egemenerd says

@Smartik Math is good but 28 minutes is not a realistic value. I think most of these files are very far away from “aesthetic” standards and when a reviewer looks at these file demos, it takes 1 minute to click reject button :)

They can’t give feedback for all item submissions but they can do it for other files which are not crap… (no offense)

I agree there should be more reviewer and we deserve more valuable feedback from reviewers. I know they are not our teachers and they don’t have to teach us anything but at least after a month of hard work, getting a hard reject with a meaningless standard message doesn’t help us to improve our items…

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Why would a reviewer waste time on someone who can’t design properly, makes no sense.

39 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
IgnitionThemes says

@Smartik Math is good but 28 minutes is not a realistic value. I think most of these files are very far away from “aesthetic” standards and when a reviewer looks at these file demos, it takes 1 minute to click reject button :)

They can’t give feedback for all item submissions but they can do it for other files which are not crap… (no offense)

I agree there should be more reviewer and we deserve more valuable feedback from reviewers. I know they are not our teachers and they don’t have to teach us anything but at least after a month of hard work, getting a hard reject with a meaningless standard message doesn’t help us to improve our items…

+1

449 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
pixeful says

As I said before, I had a psd file, then I did html and then wordpress = 50 PSD sales + 130 HTML sales + 220 sales Wordpress…

Based on that template – I did better one, and I’m 100% sure that WPML + WHMCS + other great features would give me nice sales and 100% more then my previous template (theme). But no… reviewers decided that it’s outdated!! What? No offence, but i’m here not a noobie, I got 18 items, why there is no personal manager or assistant who will help you to grow, and if you have any mistakes he will help you with them and even how to setup Ads campaign. How sucks that established authors are totally ignored. Right now I’ve submitted PSD – hard rejected, Wordpress is 5 days in review – and honestly I don’t now what to do? Make more themes? I don’t even know what mistakes should I avoid doing PSD theme and will be wordpress accepted, because it’s made of HTML ( half year ago) and they might not approve it because they would simply say – it’s outdated.

I don’t know my mistakes here, i did send them 3 color versions + mobile responsive. No comments at all for author who made total 1800 sales here. Why?

221 posts
  • Palestinian Territory
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
YousefShanti says

Yeah, the generic response is so frustrating!

8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
RoyalwpThemes says
It is a nice idea but logistically it would never work, slow down the process and actually I think cause more frustration long term
Yea it’s true)
by
by
by
by
by
by