• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
VectorMedia says

I think if you are listening to music from a docked device and a call comes then you can hear that instead of the music. Problem solved? :)

Uhm.. like i said… you can’t if the music is loud and you are in another room…

1691 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

If you are using the device to play music then the music pauses and you can hear the ringing instead.

585 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

Right apparently (this is a rough idea and would need thinking through properly), the router idea won’t work because of frequency and connectivity issues.

The obvious way would be to make the app like a remote control for the PC – if this is a MAC to Iphone then its not too hard if its PC to Iphone or Android etc you may need to install extra software on the PC.

Then you would probably be able to set a volume limit for it to drop to or easier would to have it mute the sound. This would easily work if the phone is controlling the music. i.e. you activate the music via the app and play the sound from there via the PC so that like an iphone when it rings it cuts out.

Again we would need to plot it out in more detail and think it through properly.

585 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

Edit: I think what we just reccommended is the same more or less as Firsh

459 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
VectorMedia says

It’s not me who asks for this app… well technically it is.. but it is for a friend, and he told me that he is willing to pay what it takes to make this app possible because it really helps him and his company, i really don’t know any more in-depth details because i do not work in this domain. So if you guys can plan something out that would work with mostly PC, android, iOS [ as you said Alex if it’s needed an extra software for the android version ] then no problem it will pay extra if it can be done :)

3686 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Given that you’re unable to hear the phone when you’re in another room because the music from your speakers is much louder, how would the microphone be able to pick up the phone ringing?

Just detecting input volume would be inpractical, as your own music would throw off the mic (unless you’re aiming it carefully). You could consider matching on the audio pattern/fingerprint of your ringtone (and then learning the app what your ringtone is beforehand), but that’s a whole different ballpark..

Perhaps a bluetooth headset is a cheaper solution? ;)

1691 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Or put the phone under a webcam and make the software visually recognize if a call is in due to the screen being turned on :D

459 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
VectorMedia says

Given that you’re unable to hear the phone when you’re in another room because the music from your speakers is much louder, how would the microphone be able to pick up the phone ringing? Just detecting input volume would be inpractical, as your own music would throw off the mic (unless you’re aiming it carefully). You could consider matching on the audio pattern/fingerprint of your ringtone (and then learning the app what your ringtone is beforehand), but that’s a whole different ballpark.

Well that sounds like an idea that could work… yes actually without a fingerprint of your ringtone sounds complicated…. Non the less if you think you can do it, let me know :)

3686 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Or put the phone under a webcam and make the software visually recognize if a call is in due to the screen being turned on :D

Oh, I like where this is going. :chuckle: Let’s hook it up to a motion sensor and detect the vibration of an incoming call!

EDIT: Why did we miss this one; just hook up an even louder speaker to your phone! Or does it not output the ‘ringing’ sound via the audio out?

Well that sounds like an idea that could work… yes actually without a fingerprint of your ringtone sounds complicated…. Non the less if you think you can do it, let me know :)

I haven’t ever done something like that.. Currently looking around to see if I can find something similar out there – got my curiosity sparked, anyhow :P

459 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
VectorMedia says

Oh, I like where this is going. :chuckle: Let’s hook it up to a motion sensor and detect the vibration of an incoming call!

EDIT: Why did we miss this one; just hook up an even louder speaker to your phone! Or does it not output the ‘ringing’ sound via the audio out?

I havn’t ever done something like that.. Currently looking around to see if I can find something similar out there – got my curiosity sparked, anyhow :P

Heh :) I’m glad because this sounds like an awesome idea… i think Nokia has something similar like that but it’s only for their phone and devices so it’s not really practical.

by
by
by
by
by
by