3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sleaklight says

So I want a file that costs $25. I don’t have an interest in anything else. The options are to deposit $20 or $30, nothing in between. Can you add a custom deposit field so I can add just $25?

191 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
KeithDee says

Nope, either $30 or $20.

3 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
sleaklight says

Thanks,

It doesn’t make sense to price them in between if that deposit amount can’t be made. Anyway, I’ll look for a template elsewhere then.

Thanks, -Oscar

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
ChillThemes says

In the future (not sure when exactly) but the marketplaces will have a feature where you won’t have to deposit anything to purchase a file.

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
Thanks,

It doesn’t make sense to price them in between if that deposit amount can’t be made. Anyway, I’ll look for a template elsewhere then.

Thanks, -Oscar

You can buy a great icon set in graphicriver for just 5$ :) or five a business card for 3$ is really cheap

191 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
KeithDee says
You can buy a great icon set in graphicriver for just 5$ :) or five a business card for 3$ is really cheap

True. Then again I tried to get a $2 banner or something and my minimum deposit was $20. So decided no to… lol.

146 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
0703 says

maybe its illegal and im breaking with the rules here on envato network, but its not the users fault if they just wanna purchase 1 file and nothing more. to make a deposit is really good and you usually come back from time2time and purchase another file.

but, why dont you try to get in touch with the author of this file and ask him, or tell him your plan on purchasing this file – probably its possible to get this exclusive from him?

but then its not counted here on as a sell envato and this could be problem for both…

for me spoken, it would be great if such a feature is coming soon (justpaythisitem* button), there is no need for a deposit on envato since we all pay with paypal. but so this marketplace can do all stats, has the information about your earnings and sells…

191 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
KeithDee says

Well Envato take 60-30% of the products sales, so that couldn’t really work.

2541 posts
  • United States
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+4 more
CreatingDrew says
maybe its illegal and im breaking with the rules here on envato network, but its not the users fault if they just wanna purchase 1 file and nothing more. to make a deposit is really good and you usually come back from time2time and purchase another file.

but, why dont you try to get in touch with the author of this file and ask him, or tell him your plan on purchasing this file – probably its possible to get this exclusive from him?

but then its not counted here on as a sell envato and this could be problem for both…

for me spoken, it would be great if such a feature is coming soon (justpaythisitem* button), there is no need for a deposit on envato since we all pay with paypal. but so this marketplace can do all stats, has the information about your earnings and sells…
This is absolutely against Envato policy and forbidden. You agree to this when you sign up for an account.
15 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
spykawg says

It’s only “illegal” if the author is exclusive

by
by
by
by