2104 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

As the title suggest i am willing to help people with their 3d models as i have alot of experience on improving other people models as i nearly always finish pepole work or add to existing models.

I have worked on “gran theft auto” “transformers” “transformers 2” and many more so i have real iindustry experience and know what games companyies are looking for!, i am doing this as i think the 3d ocean need an over hall as there are alot of model that just are not quite up to par but with a little work could become quite nice little files

If you would like feedback on any model already up or that you plan to upload and i will give as usfull feedback as possible!

If this take off and people appreciate it i may of to tutor people and help them improve as i have done it on a number of sites

284 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
mr_Necturus says

It will be very helpful for me to know if 2 of my new models (Azazel and Assassin) meet riggers requirements.

I mean, if polygonal mesh is good to be placed on skeleton. I know, that sometimes is very tricky to rig character model.

Personally I have little experience in work together with professional riggers and skinners.

I would be very grateful for this assistance. :)

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I do less of that sort of thing, but i have done it before and understand the poly distribution for this sort of modelling!

I you send me an email stephendossett@ whatstheharm.com with 2 pictures one of each model showing the wire frame i will draw on in photo shop where your models need more polys, i have had a quick look and they are pretty good just a few areas that will need tweeking!

I hope more people take me up on this offer as there are a lot of model with small tweaks could be improved significantly!

284 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
mr_Necturus says

I you send me an email stephendossett@ whatstheharm.com with 2 pictures one of each model showing the wire frame i will draw on in photo shop where your models need more polys, i have had a quick look and they are pretty good just a few areas that will need tweeking!

Just sent you pictures. Thank you much, Hollow.

4 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
tml96a says

I been uploading models more geared for retail since that where my professional experience is but would like to upload models that would interest game companies. What type of objects and props are game companies looking for and poly count range?

I am new to selling models gig so I am just learning as I go.

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

It funny it is the best people on this site that want to learn the most are the best it should be the other way round! LOL

anyway tml96a, i can give you a list of things that are always wanted!

Weapons (high quality have to be careful a lot aound) props (barrels, creates, lights rubble, damage cars or wrecks) (buildings, cars, bikes, planes, temples )

the list goes on and on it is more the quality that is an issue!

poly count can vary depends on a lot of things, but my advice is only use what you need to and remember a lot of detail can come out in the normal map so you have to think weather you need to model something on a surface or use normal maps!

the main thing is the textures, you are very, limited all models need to be uvw wrapped and now more that 2048 px for the biggest texture ass a rule, very small props can be 256 px or even less.

If you send me an email i can send you a message telling a good site for getting feedback on models gear to the games market, as your nor supposed to do it on the forums!

443 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
vibes35 says
It funny it is the best people on this site that want to learn the most are the best it should be the other way round! LOL

anyway tml96a, i can give you a list of things that are always wanted!

Weapons (high quality have to be careful a lot aound) props (barrels, creates, lights rubble, damage cars or wrecks) (buildings, cars, bikes, planes, temples )

the list goes on and on it is more the quality that is an issue!

poly count can vary depends on a lot of things, but my advice is only use what you need to and remember a lot of detail can come out in the normal map so you have to think weather you need to model something on a surface or use normal maps!

the main thing is the textures, you are very, limited all models need to be uvw wrapped and now more that 2048 px for the biggest texture ass a rule, very small props can be 256 px or even less.

If you send me an email i can send you a message telling a good site for getting feedback on models gear to the games market, as your nor supposed to do it on the forums!

I think it would be very helpful for many to maybe start a thread on the proper way to UV Unwrap and create models for gaming. Open for Q&A and share WIP ’s with pointers!!

Awesome you are willing to help out! Thanks :)

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

No Problem i have got a lot of help off other people in the past to help me learn so it is only fair to give something back!

I have a tutorial for rendering good wire-frame models in 3ds max using mental ray!

Once i get internet i will Will down load some screen capture sort ware and do short videos on how to do things, i will leave it open so people can request something and if it is in my knowledge i will make a video!

as i find videos are best as you see each step!

by
by
by
by
by
by