• Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Realtimefreak says

your item may be reviewed by another reviewer and again will be rejected,

Yes. I know that from another item.

Upload 1: Reject

... no changes made …

Upload 2: Submit (other reviewer)

But .. i think … this cant be a good solution …

Good luck!

Thanks! ;-)

20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
tjp says

The marketplace community and customers definitely outnumber the staff at Envato. Envato knows their shit, no question about that. Envato is setting a great standard for quality and support among sites all over the internet.

If you want a file on Envato, don’t give up. Keep making the changes the staff requests, and eventually your file will make it online. If this process of quality control is too much, maybe Envato isn’t for you.

I am a new author, with 1 file on my account and 2 whole sales (woo!!). That file was rejected 3 times before it was approved, but I didn’t stop developing it. I also asked the reviewer for a more thorough explanation on what I was lacking, and after a few days I was given a nice explanation of what to change.

To sum it up, Envato is one busy crew. If you’re waiting on a file to be reviewed, start on a new one to submit while the old one is still in review process.

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

I trust the reviewers and the support system. I submitted a item to the marketplaces and it was rejected on what I felt was personal opinion not quality or over abundance of similar items.

The reviewer pointed to several examples of what changes they felt I should make. I reviewed recent excepted items and re-posted the exact same files (WITH NO CHANGES ) and in the comments field I pointed to other files which used a similar flat style that were excepted to the marketplace and the item was approved.

I do believe that there is a bit of confusion in this marketplace that you don’t find in others. Items uploaded initially focused on designer-to-designer/developer thus had to have a purpose behind being excepted. Over time the marketplace has grown to a mixture of static images similar to other stock markets and the design-to variety. I believe depending on which reviewer you get depends on if a file makes the marketplace or not as I also believe that the reviewers no longer have a clear definition of this marketplace.

I’m a proponent of separating out static vector and other stock image type elements into their own marketplace and returning this one to a pure design-to marketplace IMO .

60 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Flatlylab says

Here’s a fact, submitted my template for review, Saturday, was reviewed Sunday night and rejected, got some explanation from the reviewer, made the changes that he asked, Monday afternoon got rejected again, by another reviewer, he spend 8 seconds on my template( source: google analytics), but this time general email rejection. Submitted a support ticket yesterday, still waiting. Here’s the thing, 8 seconds, the template is a landing page, with 3 different layouts, 5 color each, 3 facebook variation of template, again 5 colors each, conclusion that i spend a quite of time on creating the landing page, and what do i get, in my opinion a disrespectful email, for the time that i have invested in this template, i don’t ask that he should wrote me an email with 2000 words, or a slideshow of images with my template issues, but just a simple useful line: ” Hey check your margins on that or your padding on that , or i don’t like your live preview images etc.” it is so hard? Common, when i submit a template, i say hi, and try to give you as much explanation and description on the template as i can to make your job easier.

3189 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says
Hazmy said
Here’s a fact, submitted my template for review, Saturday, was reviewed Sunday night and rejected, got some explanation from the reviewer, made the changes that he asked, Monday afternoon got rejected again, by another reviewer, he spend 8 seconds on my template( source: google analytics), but this time general email rejection. Submitted a support ticket yesterday, still waiting. Here’s the thing, 8 seconds, the template is a landing page, with 3 different layouts, 5 color each, 3 facebook variation of template, again 5 colors each, conclusion that i spend a quite of time on creating the landing page, and what do i get, in my opinion a disrespectful email, for the time that i have invested in this template, i don’t ask that he should wrote me an email with 2000 words, or a slideshow of images with my template issues, but just a simple useful line: ” Hey check your margins on that or your padding on that , or i don’t like your live preview images etc.” it is so hard? Common, when i submit a template, i say hi, and try to give you as much explanation and description on the template as i can to make your job easier.

they don’t need to go to your page to review your file….

60 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Flatlylab says

@organicBeeMedia, you are an author yourself, you know the feeling when you submit an item for review, and when you see that the review of the items has started, don’t you refresh your page to see how many authors in front of you are left? Well i do, i was 4 inline, but after 2 min difference between refreshes :bashfulcute: i was already out, I personally don’t have time in 2 min to install my template.

3189 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says
Hazmy said
@organicBeeMedia, you are an author yourself, you know the feeling when you submit an item for review, and when you see that the review of the items has started, don’t you refresh your page to see how many authors in front of you are left? Well i do, i was 4 inline, but after 2 min difference between refreshes :bashfulcute: i was already out, I personally don’t have time in 2 min to install my template.

actually Im not an author.. and do you think the review queue is automatic?? my guess is they manually have to reject them after they have already download the file/checked the link so my guess in terms of productivity they download multiple items at once then go through and click the queue

60 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Flatlylab says
actually Im not an author .. and do you think the review queue is automatic??

Thank you, OrganicBeeMedia you made it everything clear now, you opened my eyes, this solves the indifference of the reviewer, the rate system problem, the dollar problem and so on, we are a big happy community with bundles and 70% commission rate.

3189 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says
Hazmy said
actually Im not an author .. and do you think the review queue is automatic??
Thank you, OrganicBeeMedia you made it everything clear now, you opened my eyes, this solves the indifference of the reviewer, the rate system problem, the dollar problem and so on, we are a big happy community with bundles and 70% commission rate.

no reason to be rude, was I once rude to you? no and I choose not to be an author because I don’t have the time atm

60 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Flatlylab says

@OrganicBeeMedia my apologies if i was rude!

by
by
by
by
by
by