20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
Liquidvx says

I am a new man today as I am trying to upload to Themeforest. While I sit and wait my letter of rejection I was wondering if I could get some feedback.

YogaPress

I would like constructive critism only please.

Thank you in advance.

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Dude be positive ! ;)

burningstonecold
burningstonecold Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
+2 more
burningstonecold says

Looks like a nice template, certainly interesting and from the front end it seems to show that some good hard work was poured into it.

POSITIVITY is the key to SUCCESS … :) Just a thought for the day ;)

I do like the template, looks very functional and easy to use (configuration wise).

From my personal opinion, and i’ll give it to you straight out as there is no point in beating around the bush, i’m not too keen on the design (layout, functionality – yes i like it) the colors and overall theme aren’t just suited to me.

20 posts
  • Located in Portugal
Liquidvx says

Cool thanks guys. I like the tips too, I will be positive!

I dont like things sugar coated and I am glad you didnt. I will keep the design ideas in mind for the next theme. I have noticed most of the designs here are similar as far as sharp lines and subtle graphics. I like this too but thought I would try something different. I wanted to keep in this yoga theme so I was thinking natural and clean. Thats why I chose the sky blue going to beige and the texture at the bottom is like a yoga mat. The next theme I upload will be a stark contrast to this one.

Thanks again.

20 posts
  • Located in Portugal
Liquidvx says

Quick question – About how long does it take for files to be approved? I have been in 1 of 2 queue since upload long time ago.

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

I think they review once / day .. so its always less than 24 hours .. but its currently saturday in australia so maybe we will have to wait sunday night ..

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ne-design says

Welcome to the forest Liquidvx!

If you uploaded it today I believe the review will be made on Monday.

Now about your theme. I do love the overall design, but I think there is a little more work that can be done. Here are some that I found. Note that this is just my opinion.

1) The curl you made on the white background makes the content look crooked. I really don’t think you need the curl in your design.

2) The header width and the content width seems different. It might be nice to align them. (Header seems a little shorter)

3) The footer links have a padding on the left. It will be nice to have it aligned with the titles.

4) Maybe having a arrow next to the navigation that has a sub-navigation would be nice. It’s really hard to notice if there is a sub-navigation.

Hope this helps!

2529 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Generally, all templates are reviewed within 24 hours. Weekends can be a bit longer, but not always.

20 posts
  • Located in Portugal
Liquidvx says

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I like the suggestions made for change which makes me wonder another question.

After submitting a file is it possible to revise it? If a file is revised does it need to be resubmitted?. I read the selling FAQ but did not find these answers.

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
ne-design says

Yes. You can resubmit your theme. If it’s still on the waiting for a review delete the file you had submitted and make a new upload.

by
by
by
by
by
by