64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
MographMark says

Apparently, we are not allowed to advertise Cinema 4d included models, when uploading a product under the AE Project File tab. I’m unsure of the reason, but the two have such an advanced symbiotic relationship, that it seems rather bizarre.

Are there any plans to include a secondary After Effects tab that can include C4D files?

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Apparently, we are not allowed to advertise Cinema 4d included models, when uploading a product under the AE Project File tab. I’m unsure of the reason, but the two have such an advanced symbiotic relationship, that it seems rather bizarre. Are there any plans to include a secondary After Effects tab that can include C4D files?

Hybrid projects go in the Cinema 4D category.

Where did you hear the rule about not being allowed to include models?

64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
MographMark says

Hi felt,

Thanks, I’ll upload to the cinema 4d category for future projects. To rephrase, not that Cinema 4d files are not allowed in the file download, but that if your download is placed under AE project files, you are not allowed to advertise them (as bonus 3d models that come included)

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more

Hi felt, Thanks, I’ll upload to the cinema 4d category for future projects. To rephrase, not that Cinema 4d files are not allowed in the file download, but that if your download is placed under AE project files, you are not allowed to advertise them (as bonus 3d models that come included)

Really? I didn’t know that. It’s actually rather essential with Element 3D projects.

241 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Lithuania
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
rendertom says

Hi felt, Thanks, I’ll upload to the cinema 4d category for future projects. To rephrase, not that Cinema 4d files are not allowed in the file download, but that if your download is placed under AE project files, you are not allowed to advertise them (as bonus 3d models that come included)

That’s weird. I had no problems with that. My latest project is done with Cinema 4D, so I included C4D version along with AE version and “advertised” is in video preview and in description, that C4D file IS included in main download. Project is in AE section, not Cinema 4D.

507 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
5p1r17 says

That’s weird. I had no problems with that. My latest project is done with Cinema 4D, so I included C4D version along with AE version and “advertised” is in video preview and in description, that C4D file IS included in main download. Project is in AE section, not Cinema 4D.

This isn’t allowed. I can confirm. Reviewers don’t accept projects where C4D files inside zip. Count yourself as lucky guy :) We can advertise, but cant include it inside zip file.

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Beta Tester
+6 more

Well, there’s going to need to be at least an obj file or two present once Element 3D files are being accepted.

Various other already accepted plug-ins, such as Trapcode Form and Plexus might require .obj files to be distributed with the Ae project.

If this is a rule, I’d like to know why.

853 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

There appears to be a misunderstanding here…

Authors ARE allowed to include bonus content with their projects. HOWEVER , we no longer allow any advertising of that bonus content in the previews or item descriptions.

Why, you ask? Because only the main AE project and supporting files are reviewed for errors and such, not the bonus content. Therefore, we can’t guarantee the quality or integrity of the bonus content.

Additionally, felt is correct. If you plan to upload a project that includes C4D content that needs to be edited or is an integral part of the project, it should be submitted to the C4D queue, not the AE queue.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

64 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
MographMark says

Would be nice if you COULD advertise the bonus content, just not include that in the final price, buyers would only be purchasing the meat.

But then, I suppose that does somewhat pose a problem if a buyer is purchasing a product just for the extra goodies, and ends up with crud.

853 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Beta Tester
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

In the case of uploading a C4D project, the AE content wouldn’t be considered “bonus” content, since the 3D renders would need to be composited.

We understand that there’s a bit of a gray area here, but if you ever have any questions, just contact support or ask a question in the forums before submitting your project to the queue. That way you might eliminate any surprises during the review process.

by
by
by
by
by
by