3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Uruguay
nicocava says

Hello, how are you guys doing? I am a new to the author world of themeforest and would like your opinion on an html theme I created.

http://www.pasaporteaventura.com/theme/index.html

These theme got hard rejected and the reviewer didn’t want to give me specifics that could make it better so it could be approved.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for your help, hopefully your objective eyes will help me learn more and become a better author.

4 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
weddigkeutel says

To be honest I find it quite boring – not visually impressive or “premium”. Almost only text. No graphical finesse. No interesting features despite a smooth scroll. Think about a slider, an accordion, a responsive layout, progress bars for skills, icons, shadows etc. I see that your take on this is a clean and simple design, but adding graphics doesn’t necessarily destroy that intention if added deliberate. The dashed lines are shorter than the rest of the content, which looks kind of strange. Also the dashed lines would need more spacing on top and bottom. Let the sections of the content “breath”. The employment list could be cooler and the intro part (the image and the text paragraph) looks inharmonic. Give the photos a border, a shadow and/or a border radius. Anything that presents them in a less generic way. And don’t use preview photos that don’t match the length of the corresponding text. I also would consider a higher line-height for the text. Sorry if this sounds so negative, but as it looks now, the theme is far from being accepted I suspect. I hope this helps you. Good luck!!!

1034 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

It’s a start, but it doesn’t have anything that pops out you need to add your own flair.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Uruguay
nicocava says

To be honest I find it quite boring – not visually impressive or “premium”. Almost only text. No graphical finesse. No interesting features despite a smooth scroll. Think about a slider, an accordion, a responsive layout, progress bars for skills, icons, shadows etc. I see that your take on this is a clean and simple design, but adding graphics doesn’t necessarily destroy that intention if added deliberate. The dashed lines are shorter than the rest of the content, which looks kind of strange. Also the dashed lines would need more spacing on top and bottom. Let the sections of the content “breath”. The employment list could be cooler and the intro part (the image and the text paragraph) looks inharmonic. Give the photos a border, a shadow and/or a border radius. Anything that presents them in a less generic way. And don’t use preview photos that don’t match the length of the corresponding text. I also would consider a higher line-height for the text. Sorry if this sounds so negative, but as it looks now, the theme is far from being accepted I suspect. I hope this helps you. Good luck!!!

Honest opinions are always good, thank you very much for letting me know what you think can make this better. An honest criticism like this one was just what I was looking for.

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Uruguay
nicocava says

It’s a start, but it doesn’t have anything that pops out you need to add your own flair.

Thanks Ben, hopefully ill be able to make it better and have a better overall template.

327 posts just a random dude...
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
trendyWebStar says

Honestly It needs much more work, looks to plain, not something that would be premium. But it’s a start, I know it took me a long time to make “things work” :)

159 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeProfuse says

According to me design quality & element placement is -1 So improve typography colors, icons & format also your logo

4 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Samyal says

Like said above, also a few kittens couldn’t hurt.

41 posts Venza Studio
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
VenzaStudio says

Hello nicocava, First thing you must be patient, most of us rejected many times and finally success. So what can you do is to see and take your time with almost html themes that accepted in themeforest : http://themeforest.net/category/site-templates open every one and look to the design, pages, colors, effects, simplicity, arrangement and type all of your points on a paper then try to design something near to them but with your feelings and return to them again seeing many new themes and back to your design again to improve it. Be patient and take your time.

by
by
by
by
by
by