9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
designfire says

Hi All, My GR upload “Baby Item Icons” was just rejected with no indication of why. The email just had the standard “Unfortunately your submission Baby Item Icons isn’t quite ready for GraphicRiver and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.”

The only lead I had was this: “Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you: This item would be better suited to the Add-ons category”

I would think that just changing categories would not result in an acceptance (but if you think that is the case please let me know), so given this I would appreciate your feedback in improving the icons I made. Here is the link: Baby Item Icons

Thank you so much for taking the time!

3765 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Not too sure about the letters in boxes. But I think the icons would benefit from being simplified, made more stylized. That’s my suggestion anyway.

131 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThemeWork says

I agree with tovio, the icons are to detailed and this makes them look old fashioned, if you take a look at the current icon category you will see that most of the icons are simple and stylish, try going more towards that direction.

Also try making the preview image more attractive.

Hope this helps and good luck

onlycreativeworks
onlycreativeworks Recent Posts Threads Started
230 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
onlycreativeworks says

Good idea! But as above guys said, should be better execution of it. Cheers.

anchor_point_heshan
anchor_point_heshan Recent Posts Threads Started
324 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
anchor_point_heshan says

As I think, if the file is in the format of custom shape files or something rather than a vector eps it would be much better to submit in to the add-ons. And I think the letters should be improved. And I also think that the latest trends are towards simplicity and abstract shapes. but your file seems good to me… don’t know what else to say exactly.. but try the above…

by
by
by
by
by
by